Fuel pump fuse keeps blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colin and Patty

Reaction score
2004 Jeep Liberty 3.7. the fuse blew a few weeks ago and was changed and everything was good fow weeks until it blew again and then I replaced it the fuse and it blew three times in a row and the ideas on what I should do next? Thank you.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the wiring to the fuel pump, probably shorting out somewhere, failing that it may be the pump itself but that's unlikely if it works between fuses blowing.

Colin and Patty

Reaction score
Look at the wiring to the fuel pump, probably shorting out somewhere, failing that it may be the pump itself but that's unlikely if it works between fuses blowing.
Thank you for the suggestion. It's in the shop right now. I used to do all my own repairs but the past few months I'm been having to take it in to get it fixed. I'm almost 73 and just not able to do what I used to be able to do with it.

Colin and Patty

Reaction score
2004 Jeep Liberty 3.7. the fuse blew a few weeks ago and was changed and everything was good fow weeks until it blew again and then I replaced it the fuse and it blew three times in a row and the ideas on what I should do next? Thank you.
I guess I should have put this in the General Discussion category--this was my first post I'm getting used to the group and deeply appreciate all the information I've learned from y'all.