front tow receiver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
so I'm starting to consider what are my options for getting a front mounted tow hitch in order to have a place to mount a winch in the front. I'm not sure if there is any other option to mount a winch other than replacing the bumper, which isn't something that I'm planning on doing. Does anyone know of any alternatives for a winch that aren't bumper or tow hitch mounted? Also if anyone knows some good front tow hitch receiver options. The benefits I see of the winch mounting using the tow hitch is that I can use it on either end of the vehicle along with being able to use it for other things, but I'm also not entirely sure of the cons either.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our KJ had some beefy brackets for a tow bar (quick release). Stock bumper unmodified. Maybe something like that could be used to mount a receiver.

Edit: i think it used the factory tow hook locations.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this portable winch, any opinions?

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this portable winch, any opinions?
I would suggest a slightly larger winch, because that is rated 4000 lb. which libertys weigh 3500-4000 pounds which would probably be pushing it for that winch.

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
Those kits are pretty slick! Sure would make it easy to pull from either end.
yeah, that's part of my thinking, it makes wiring a little bit more complicated, but not terribly complicated and will slightly decrease the approach angle, but other than that it seems like a pretty decent idea.

Latest posts

Members online