Front End sagging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dg905

Reaction score
I've noticed over time that my front end has been sagging, so I took a measuring tape to it, and its an inch lower in the front then the back. I put in the frankenlift 3 inch lift in it.
Is there any cheap ways to bring it back up so its level ?

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your looking to save money and not get new springs then i would use a top plate or clevis lift if you havnt

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First what do you measure in front ( middle of wheel to bottom of flare)
Now you want it level and if you are an inch lower, then a 1/4 inch top plate will give you 1/2 inch of lift, add 1/4 inch clevis lift ( two 1/8 inch thick conduit nuts) for another 1/2 inch, and there ya go
jeepinbyal for the top plates
hardware store for the 2 inch diameter conduit nuts

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 3/8" JBA clevis spacers I will donate to a needy KJ user. 2 weeks old. I replaced with .50 inch ones.

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually you don't have to have the spacers, they just help with making things consistent. I'm not using anything on my clevis, just used a bolt to set the gap before tightening.

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no issue of over time the gap slowly decreases, constant downward pressure of the coil assembly/ weight of vehicle, upward travel of clevis/ lower control arm?

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what they say, the clevis being clamped back down is what does the holding. With that, I was considering making a spacer out of sch. 40 pvc, then cut it in half lengthwise to make a split collar. If I want to keep them in place, hold the two halves together with a clamp or zip ties. That would make it easier than taking it all the way apart to slip in washers or a one piece spacer.

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man..... I could have saved time yesterday, and not have a blue throbbing fingernail from a wrench slip, by not taking apart the right side just for a darn spacer change. Left side had to come apart, for the axle seal replacement.

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The clevis pinch bolt is what holds it in place, the spacers are there solely to make the gap consistent. The piece of plastic spacers would never withstand the weight otherwise. I just used a long pry bar, and leveraged the clevis down, used a bolt head to set my gap on both sides of the pinch bolt, and locked her down.

Latest posts

Members online