FRONT DIFFERENTIAL RIGHT MOUNT BRACKET!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mooku21

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can answer this for me. I've spent hours looking through Google to see if I can get an answer, but pretty much I went to the junk yard today needing to replace a front diff and to find a new mount aswell. I found a 04 and 06 liberty with the part I needed but the only problem is the mounts seem to be different for some reason. I didn't quite get a photo of the one on the 06 limited liberty but it looks a but different from the one I currently need but it has the diff I need with a 3.73 gear rotation. The left is the one on my 2004 liberty sport and the right is the one on that 2006 liberty limited both atr v6.

The right one looks somewhat Similar to the photo provided on the right. Which is completely different from the left one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230804_184033_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_184033_Samsung Internet.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20230804_184105_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_184105_Samsung Internet.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 24

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your bracket damaged? If not the poly bushings from creative steel are nice. Beyond that your picture on the right certainly doesn't look correct. You are correct in matching the engine size as the diffrential gets shifted to the side between crd,4cyl,and v6.

mooku21

Reaction score
Is your bracket damaged? If not the poly bushings from creative steel are nice. Beyond that your picture on the right certainly doesn't look correct. You are correct in matching the engine size as the diffrential gets shifted to the side between crd,4cyl,and v6.
Yes both the engine and gear rotation (3.73) matched. Something happened on my way to work that caused the whole vehicle to rattle and sake. After jacking it up and removed the passenger cv. Both passenger cv and intermediate shaft was rounded out. I was able to find a shaft and cv for it at the card yard but there was still a weird rattling noise. I removed the diff but the bolt for the mount was sized inside the metal/rubber bushing so I grinder it off along with part of the bushing. There was metal flakes in the oil after removing the cover and the gear teeth looked rounded off.

mooku21

Reaction score
I'm able to get the whole front diff with the cv included for $185. The 06 liberty seemed to have the best diff with no leak. It'll save me time not having to disassemble 2 vehicle if that different looking mount will work. I mean it looks the same as the original one instead of having to insert the dif into the mount hole then tightens the nut and bolt, you have a piece that is missing the hole part and just lays on the mount which has threaded holes to tighten the bolt into.

mooku21

Reaction score
Is your bracket damaged? If not the poly bushings from creative steel are nice. Beyond that your picture on the right certainly doesn't look correct. You are correct in matching the engine size as the diffrential gets shifted to the side between
I have until Monday, maybe I should just take both off and grab a few pictures. But buckauto is only asking $15 for the mount so it not a expensive. But save me form having to crawl under 2 liberty in a yard full of gravel, broken glass and gunk

Shankster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have until Monday, maybe I should just take both off and grab a few pictures. But buckauto is only asking $15 for the mount so it not a expensive. But save me form having to crawl under 2 liberty in a yard full of gravel, broken glass and gunk
I'm a bit late to the party here, but when my front diff bushings went bad and I couldn't find replacements I got a tube of urethane (for sealing cracks in concrete) from Home Depot and I filled the voids in the bushing with the urethane. I'm kinda shocked how well it's holding up - still looks like the day I installed it last fall. The urethane took forever to set up (over a week). Sealing one side of the bushing well turned out to be really important - the urethane would find any tiny hole and leak out). Home Depot also had a 2 component urethane I think would have been better since it would set up fast.