Forum Announcement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, go away for a few hours to install a lift and everything changes...*******'!

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
I **** having stuff divided out, but I would like it if you could tell at a glance when the lats post of each subsection was made.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You can, with the yellow indicator in front of the sub section.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please don't make it completely different. One reason i've always liked this site is because its simple. So far I don't like the random pics on top in the header. I don't come here to see random pics. I come here to see the latest threads and replies to the threads I'm subscribed to. That should be first in my opinion. I don't like the R rated smilies either. I think if you keep it mostly the same you won't find anyone kick up about anything.
Today I was forced to enter in empty fields into my profile before I could see the newest threads and replies. I don't agree with that. If you force people to fill in things you will get bad data. Right now my 5 year old daughter is asking me what the Shit's weak smiley says. I had to tell her "super cool". She knows I'm lying to her. Change is good, but change it for the better. Don't ruin some of the things that make this site so good. Thanks!

--Matt

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I don't like the picture thing, either. But i don't feel that strongly about it.:big_banana_Dance:

I love "big banana dance." It isn't really relavent, but I likeses it.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have three Libertys and can only enter 1 year in my profile (humm)
I do like changes so things dont get old hat. So I will check it all out and then see what I like and see if I dont like anything then add my 2cents if I have any.
After all we all mod are jeeps so thay are allways changing.
Some mods you like some you dont.

jeepfrog

Reaction score
I'm with rockymountain on a couple of points. I wasn't really happy about having to enter in more personal info before accessing this thread. I also don't think we need the 'R' rated smileys either. There are lots of folks w/kids here and that takes away from the family atmosphere. (That's the way I feel about a certain "picture" thread on here, too. I know it probably won't go away, but at least need to restrict access to 17+ somehow).
I see after posting that your name appears under your avatar...hmm. many of us already put our names in our sigs - so not needed IMHO.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with jeepfrog...I'd rather not put my name and the other stuff in.

Anyway...how about in place of the Liberty info, how about just (example)
Ride 1: 2005 Jeep KJ Limited 4x4 3.7
Ride 2: 2007 Land Rover LR3 4x4 SEV8

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
The smiley's are no problem to me personally. Neither are the threads that clearly should not be opened around children and are clearly labled as such, like the NSFW one.

My kids are 9 & 7. I just watch what they have access to as is my responsibility anyway. And they do not need to sit here and read over my shoulder as I read/write on websites. So they don't. Problem solved. I sometimes have booze in the fridge, yet I don't let the kids drink it just because it is there.

besides, the smileys are like PG-13, not R, anyway. you can say shit or show poop a little even in "family" movies.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't like the picture thing, either. But i don't feel that strongly about it.:big_banana_Dance:

I love "big banana dance." It isn't really relavent, but I likeses it.

Click on the "compress arrow" on the top right corner of the blue border and it will "hide" that pic thingy. Then you won't see it.

Dave

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the smileys go, I can see where parents of younger kids would be a bit upset but I think, to a certain extent, we are more adult oriented. Though some of you do have children, this is a Jeep based website and, at least in my opinion, the target age range is young adults/adults of licensed age who own Jeeps. I feel the smileys are more plenty appropriate for the assumed target age range. It's going to be a hotly contested issue but that's how I feel about it.

HJ's idea for multiple rides is cool but I feel it should be limited to if you have multiple KJs. After all, we are Jeep KJ Country. If we start having people enter their BMW, LR, Subaru, Dodge, etc, we're moving away from a KJ forum to just a vehicle forum that happens to have a Jeep name. Other Jeep models I guess would probably be OK but again, takes away from the KJ theme we have.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the current changes so far as well, but i agree the pic thingy across the top is annoying at times, as for the smileys, I'm good with them, and I agree with some of the parents, that it is our responsibility to monitor our kids...

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i never even see the pic thingy, because when i originally bookmarked the site, i bookmarked it to the page of thread post, then i just click new post. When someone first mentioned it, i had to go searching for the pic thingy. i never go to the home page. lol

as far as the smileys, well for one, its a forum geared towards people who drive jeeps, to drive you must be 16 at least, if you haven't heard or even said the word shit etc, by the age of 16 you must be Amish lol. so it doesn't bother me. i like the changes so far.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dancingpoop:

ThunderbirdJunkie likes this one.

lol i wouldnt have even know what that was had i not held the mouse over it to see the label, so theres my point they are subtle and shouldnt offend anyone

oh and as far as the name and year and engine, i dont mind the name part except for the illusions of grandure that incommando has haha (read his name) and you will figure it out, but the engine size i think is not needed arent thier only two sizes 2.4 and 3.7 ?

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Well considering the 2.8 CRD was also offered, and we have freaks like Larry putting Ford 302s in their stuff, it's pointless to only have two options.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with jeepfrog...I'd rather not put my name and the other stuff in.

HJ, for the most part, everybody knows everybody else's name. This is an extremely social site, and many of us know a great deal of members in real life and not just on the forum. This is part of Jeep life. If you're afraid of identity theft, then why even be on here? The information you've given already is enough for the right person to get your actual home address, place of business, and other things. There's absolutely no point in hiding your name online, because once you let one or two details leak, anybody that CARES will find you. And nobody here really cares.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaggy, when will you buy a liberty?

As for changes in the forums, I don't suggest making a lot of changes overnight, just gradually add stuff and ask for opinions to see how it is taken. We have a lot of members with very good knowledge of jeeps and 4x4, they don't care if there are few new smileys or that the main forum looks neater. We don't want to scare them off, or lead anyone into thinking this forums is becoming a playground and losing its seriousness. Sure, we were always a tad bit goofier when compared to LOST but we also had the simplicity and organization that they lacked. Millions of sub forums is not a good idea. For the most part, a lot of member don't even see the front page until they want to start a new thread. Members like me always use http://jeepkj.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew New Posts link to see what they have missed and read the new topics. I must have gone months without ever stepping a foot on the main board index.

Last edited: