Export Headlights with leveling motors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prionicone

Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing those on a domestic KJ?

I've got a 2007 and was thinking to get a set as well as the leveling switch/dial for the dash to upgrade to the "Export Headlight Leveling System"

May need a different wiring harness as I assume the domestic harness doesn't have the correct wiring for this? I'd have to check the various wiring harnesses and which lines they were installed on?

Looking at the 2007 KJ Parts Catalog pdf, there are a few different model numbers depending which line built, region, and series the KJ is apparently. All models have the same Body info.

Right Export:
55155812AD:
Line J = 4WD
Series: H,P,M = Highline/Premium/Medium
Body: 74 = Sport Utility 4-DR Type #4
Engine: EK0 = 3.7L V6 Engine

Left Export:
55155813AD:
Line J = 4WD
Series: H,P,M = Highline/Premium/Medium
Engine: EK0 = 3.7L V6 Engine

Switch, Headlamp Leveling:
56010204AE:
Line J,T,U = 4WD, 2WD, 4WD RHD
Series: none listed
Engine: none listed

prionicone

Reaction score
Hmmm, guess no one has tried it. I've got a couple things to do first, but I think beginning of the new year I may try it out and see if it works.

Kj/toy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, guess no one has tried it. I've got a couple things to do first, but I think beginning of the new year I may try it out and see if it works.

Search Birdman330 on this forum or jeepkj, he did some research and I believe installation on the overseas rear tail lights. He's no longer on the forums anymore.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My RHD 2002 Export 2.5 CRD Sport KJ came with it standard.....works like a charm.

My headlamps have the black plastic headlamp holders able to tilt the headlamp reflector up or down via a seperate motor which is activated by the internal panel switch which is effectively a variable resistor.

You would have to source yours from a European supplier for LHD models....the reflector holders are probably different between LHD and RHD models.

Does Canada have them? Should be no difference between 3.7 gasser and 2005/6 CRDs hardware wise.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online