EVIC wiring overhead console part # 5166454AA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aksloan

Reaction score
Just received a response from someone on an ebay forum that says the evic harness is only $90 new and the part # is 5166454AA. Can anyone confirm this is the entire set of wires and connector?

Sounds way to cheap from what I read in other replies to similar questions.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just need a connector, you could use a PC connector (think a floppy drive connector? someone can confirm) that would cost under $5. From what the dealer told me, and I believe them after looking over diagram, the connector for EVIC is part of a bigger harness that would be way a lot of money.

I assume you've read the EVIC install thread?

-Blu

aksloan

Reaction score
Blu, I searched this board, and a few others, and read everything I could possibly find about EVIC's.

I haven't exhaused every possibilty yet on the connector and will go with the floppy drive connector if I can't come up with something better.

At this point I'm just gathering all the parts I need along with proper instructions on how to go about doing it.

I have a new 06 overhead that I will be placing in my 04. From what I read it should be a perfect match except for possibly switching a wire on the light connector. I'm going to tap the DLC for the PCI Bus and Fused B(+) use a 3amp fuse on an add-a-circuit for my power and just ground to whatever is easiest.

I'm still confused when they say solder to the DLC. I'd like a clarification as to where to solder the connections and why wouldn't it be easier to just splice the wires together.

I'm sure I'll have a few other questions since I'm pretty **** on wanting to be 100% sure before I start screwing with the wiring on my Liberty.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been soooo long since I did this... I'm pretty sure I tapped _all_ wires to the OBDII connector under the steering wheel.

The exception, if memory serves, is that the 12+ -- I just found a big honkin red wire that was switched with ignition. In retrospect, I wish I'd used the sunroof circuit -- If you don't have a sun roof, you could easily tap into that circuit. Pretty sure I just disconnected battery and soldered in from there.

I am a big fan of soldering connections, because it gives the best quality joint and there tends to be less problems over time. Other methods would likely work, but for myself, I wouldn't use them.

Best of luck, post as you go, let us know how its going.

-Blu

Latest posts

Members online