Error Code P0430 Catalyst Efficiency

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just so happens I know better .

Yeah some magic fix in a bottle? Yeah just will empty your wallet before you actually have to spend the money and do it right.

been doing this for a long time and have some very specialized training and there is no fixing a cat once it no longer can do it's job,only replace.

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah some magic fix in a bottle? Yeah just will empty your wallet before you actually have to spend the money and do it right.

been doing this for a long time and have some very specialized training and there is no fixing a cat once it no longer can do it's job,only replace.

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with a bottle .

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have to remove them either . As long as the cats aren't clogged & the engine is running fine you can get rid of the codes .

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would removing your cats, soaking them in hot soapy water for awhile, cleaning them out as best as possible and reinstalling illegal?
I know those foaming solutions made to clean them, but not what I'm referring to, just soap and water..

Also, I realize this won't fix the cats just want to know if it's legal..

Last edited:

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know it would be legal to try & clean them & I've read about using soapy water & other things with mixed results . Not what I was referring to though .

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Would removing your cats, soaking them in hot soapy water for awhile, cleaning them out as best as possible and reinstalling illegal?
I know those foaming solutions made to clean them, but not what I'm referring to, just soap and water..

Also, I realize this won't fix the cats just want to know if it's legal..

Why, is someone watching you do it that will call the cops? What are they going to do, arrest you? :gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin::happy175::happy175::happy175:

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know it would be legal to try & clean them & I've read about using soapy water & other things with mixed results . Not what I was referring to though .

Dude. As I stated. Wasn't referring to what you guys were talking about. Simply asking tjkj a question, as I've done it and didn't realize taking cats off to clean them could be illegal in any way. Mostly curious as to what would turn it illegal. Other than not putting them back on, of course.
Seems 90% of this site has turned into people joining just to argue. I get it, you have automotive knowledge as well. Most everyone on here does in some way shape or form.
But sorry to break it to you bub, he's one of the more knowledgeable ones you'll meet. He may be argumentative as well, but I'm sure it's for the same reason as most everyone on here who knows anything.
Because they're fed up with misinformation.

If you read his posts instead of trying to 1up him, you'll see he's trying to FIX the issue, not pretend it doesn't exist by getting rid of the code and living with the issue.

NOW, my question was out of curiosity and had nothing to do with what you were referring to with a googlefix, but appreciate your response. Although I'm looking for definitive factual information, not... to the best of anyone's knowledge lol. Because you can watch videos of people doing cleaning cats in a hundred ways on youtube, but you can also find videos and instructions online on how to do millions of illegal and illicit activities. Just wanted to know which ways are/aren't legal.

And HJ, if they were arresting me for cleaning my cats, I'd ask the cops why they're not spending my tax dollars more intelligently :happy175:
Just seems more irresponsible to leave cats clogged and not properly convert the pollitoon, than it does to attempt to clean them, thus raising the buffering rate.

Last edited:

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude , I didn't start the argument & I thought you was asking the question to the forum . If you want one person only to reply to your posts , there's always PM's .

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude. As I stated. Wasn't referring to what you guys were talking about. Simply asking tjkj a question, as I've done it and didn't realize taking cats off to clean them could be illegal in any way. Mostly curious as to what would turn it illegal. Other than not putting them back on, of course.
Seems 90% of this site has turned into people joining just to argue. I get it, you have automotive knowledge as well. Most everyone on here does in some way shape or form.
But sorry to break it to you bub, he's one of the more knowledgeable ones you'll meet. He may be argumentative as well, but I'm sure it's for the same reason as most everyone on here who knows anything.
Because they're fed up with misinformation.

If you read his posts instead of trying to 1up him, you'll see he's trying to FIX the issue, not pretend it doesn't exist by getting rid of the code and living with the issue.

NOW, my question was out of curiosity and had nothing to do with what you were referring to with a googlefix, but appreciate your response. Although I'm looking for definitive factual information, not... to the best of anyone's knowledge lol. Because you can watch videos of people doing cleaning cats in a hundred ways on youtube, but you can also find videos and instructions online on how to do millions of illegal and illicit activities. Just wanted to know which ways are/aren't legal.

And HJ, if they were arresting me for cleaning my cats, I'd ask the cops why they're not spending my tax dollars more intelligently :happy175:
Just seems more irresponsible to leave cats clogged and not properly convert the pollitoon, than it does to attempt to clean them, thus raising the buffering rate.
Taking off the cats then putting them back on(intact) is not illegal at all,modifying them in any way is.

Plus there is no "magic" fix for cat's besides replacement.Once they stop doing there job it's over,nothing can can be done to amke them start working again.

Inside the cats it can get over 1400 degrees,your not going to have any carbon deposits or such to clean.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh okay, I see.. so you were referring to people gutting or "hollowing out" their cats.. I know quite a few people who do that around here because they think it sounds cool. To me it sounds like a truck with a leaky exhaust..
Only hollowed cat I've heard that I though sounded good, was a guy with a 99 gt mustang that ran straight pipes through his hollowed cats and welded them onto the straight pipes to make it look like they're supposed to be that way..
I thought he was running a nice X-pipe until he told me the stories.. smh.
But thanks for answering, was gunna say, if it was illegal to clean my cats that way call me a felon lol