CV Joints prop shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wboyne3

Reaction score
So I have had this annoying clacking sound when i am slowing for a stop. From 5-15 mph only. It sounds like it comes from underneath the driver which leads to me its the cv joints on the prop shaft. I took a peek underneath and both boots look good,no grease around them. Could it still be the cv joints? I was also thinking it could be maybe the rear brakes as lately I almost can hear the pads dragging on the rotors as if it were cold but it's not.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the cv on the tcase side of the front driveshaft? Look for boot tears or movement.

wboyne3

Reaction score
Well took off the prop shaft and majority of the noise is gone. Still a little tick so I will check out the u joint on the drive shaft

wboyne3

Reaction score
The boot was not tore but it was looking like dry rot and that side was so loose and had a lot more play than the front cv.

wboyne3

Reaction score
It was actually my emergency brakes on the passenger side. Took off the rotor and the pads fell off the plate of the pad.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was actually my emergency brakes on the passenger side. Took off the rotor and the pads fell off the plate of the pad.

Glad you found it! Still would suggest preventative maintenance on that front driveshaft cv if it moves and doesn't look well.