crossmember bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh.crotsley

Reaction score
i have an 02 liberty, 3.7 , auto , 4x4. i dropped the crossmember (so i could move the transmission back some in order to separate engine from trans during engine removal) and i broke one of the bolts during removal and the other 5 are badly rusted so i want to replace them. anyone know where to get them. they are two different sizes and lengths so i dont really like the idea but i have kicked around the thought of just going to the hardware store and grabbing some new ones from there. anyone know if this is a dealer item or any old auto part store.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The short ones are your basic M10x1.50 grade 10.9 bolts,can be found at most hardware places just get the correct length ones and must be grade 10.9.The longer ones will most likely be custom order if going to a place like Fastenal but there also M10x1.50 grade 10.9's.

The exact lengths I'm not sure on.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my notes the cradle bolts are:

M12x1.75x135mm (2x)
M14x2.0x135mm (2x)

josh.crotsley

Reaction score
wait a second i said the other 5 are badly rusted, what i meant was the other 7 are badly rusted. there are 8 total that go through the crossmember.

Daveos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem, but now 3 of them are rusted and snapped off! Any suggestions on how to fix this? Any help appreciated :)

Thanks!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem, but now 3 of them are rusted and snapped off! Any suggestions on how to fix this? Any help appreciated :)

Thanks!
If it's the long ones(outer bolts) that is going to be a tough one to fix.Those long bolts screw into nutzerts inside the frame that is inside the frame you see.The KJ uses a "double" frame contruction,one inside another.

ebelements

Reaction score
If it's the long ones(outer bolts) that is going to be a tough one to fix.Those long bolts screw into nutzerts inside the frame that is inside the frame you see.The KJ uses a "double" frame contruction,one inside another.

Garbage.

I think I'm going to weld studs to plate steel, and weld that up to the frame rail. Anyone see an issue with that?