Creaking and ticking drivetrain noise in front left

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beano

Reaction score
Hey, I have a 2006 Liberty sport 4x4. 85k miles. I have a noise coming from the drivers corner it sounds like. It's a squeak and also click or tick noise. It doesn't seem to be there until it has driven a little bit and warmed up, temps here are 60's to 70's.
It goes away when I hit the brakes and when I turn to the right. I took the brakes apart and greased everything, nothing seemed wrong and they were replaced last year. I don't feel a vibration at all.
Can anyone guide me in differentiating between the from drive shaft, wheel bearing or hub? I jacked it up and didn't feel play in the wheel, also the drive shaft boots look fine, no leakage at all and I don't feel any slop when pulling on it.
I figured I would pull the drive shaft next but would love to skip that if someone has a better idea?

Beano

Reaction score
I have a phone video if someone wants I'll send it to you to hear. I am on my phone and don't know how to post here from it.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think I have a similar thing. It's very subtle. If I push on the KJ it does it too. Never have heard it during driving though. Been like that for a few years now. My LR3 used to do a similar thing too.