Cradle drop questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still exploring possibilities, nothing is decided yet.

I was thinking how to extend the UCA balljoint (JBA has this kind of a 2" extension) and was inspired by these guys: http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-chassis-suspension/27148-how-ball-joint-flip.html . I guess I could get 1/2" just by flipping the balljoint on JBA UCA (mount it at the bottom instead top) and adding a thin spacer.

Or I could find a good Dana 30 and do a SFA conversion. I guess more future-proof :-D
You must be registered for see images attach

:icon_rolleyes:

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very interesting idea to flip the ball joint. someone send me some new model JBA arms i have the old style

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not an interesting idea in my book to flip the ball joint. I've looked since I have a pair of the 4.5s on mine plus a pair laying on the garage floor. Have taken them apart and flipped it but not worth it in my book. Does not look strong enough to me.
But then I value my life, some don't:happy175::happy175::happy175:

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Not an interesting idea in my book to flip the ball joint. I've looked since I have a pair of the 4.5s on mine plus a pair laying on the garage floor. Have taken them apart and flipped it but not worth it in my book. Does not look strong enough to me.
But then I value my life, some don't:happy175::happy175::happy175:

Are the Ball Joints installed on "Jeepin By Al's" upper Control arms from a full size GMC/Chevy Truck?

If the guy from Poland tries it and it works... What the heck, He might be on to something!

Last edited:

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for digging up an old thread....

If one was to do a mild cradle drop... say 1/2" or so... would that cause the upper balljoint more angle or less?

I'm trying to decide if I should get upper arms before I try the cradle drop.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for digging up an old thread....

If one was to do a mild cradle drop... say 1/2" or so... would that cause the upper balljoint more angle or less?

I'm trying to decide if I should get upper arms before I try the cradle drop.

Cause more angle
now what are you going to do with the rest of the driveline to keep it in sync?

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drop the trans crossmember also. If anything it should help 'correct' for the rest of the lift.

Latest posts

Members online