Cracked Stock Fog Light Lens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Mad Gasser

Reaction score
So I have an 05 Libby Sport and I have a few cosmetic issues I would like to take care of since the dealership seemed to think it was okay to sell as is. I'm still waiting on an answer from them on these issues, but I want to get the ball rolling on gathering the information on the chance that I will be fixing these issues out of pocket.

I have stock fog lights and I'm really glad to have them on my Jeep. The issue is that the lenses are cracked and splintered on the outside. There seems to be an interior lens, or more likely a second layer of plastic in the lens. I know I can possibly salvage some from a junk yard, but I would have to know more about the part so I know what to look for (and how to get it out of the donor).

My question is can I get new OEM replacement lenses or am I resorted to buying a full kit? OR Should I get my gloves on and start calling yards?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
This will not be a definitive answer, but I was checking for someone else and found the replacement lamp assemblies on eBay for $38 each. I paid $190 for the full kit last August which included the wiring harness and Multifunction switch, so I felt that $76 for a pair of lights alone wasn't too unreasonable. I have never seen just the lenses (which doesn't mean they aren't out there somewhere), but as I recall from putting them in they are sealed. You can change out the bulb from the back but I think the rest is essentially just one piece.

Here's a manual if it's of any use: Mopar_2006_KJ_Foglight_Install.pdf

Should be the same for an 05 - I have an 07. :)

Latest posts

Members online