CEL Stays On With P0101 MAF Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KensJeep

Reaction score
My Liberty is 2005 CRD with about 120K miles.

I am currently driving the vehicle with the CEL lit. The vehicle seems to be driving just fine. No hiccups or stammer’s. No stalling. Seems just fine. Been that way for maybe close to 100 miles.

When the CEl lit up there were several codes pointing to the EGR. I had the ERG replaced and codes erased. After a few miles CEL lit up again with P0101. I cleaned the MAF and the code persisted. I then replaced the MAF and the code persisted.

With some checking through the forum I found this from 2011:

"Unplugging the maf will shut off the egr valve so that it's not sending soot back into the intake, where it mixes with the oil mist from the crank case, causing stuff to build up in the intake. When I had mine unplugged I really didn't notice it running any different but the boost sensor stayed cleaner. I am wondering if that isn't what needs to be taken out and cleaned?"

While I can easily do this, I have two questions:

1) Where is the "boost sensor"? Is the boost sensor part of the egr? Which in my case has just been replaced...

2) The MAF connector has four wires. Is it possible to cross two of these wires and defeat the CEL as pertains to the MAF?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The boost sensor is the MAP, I've just posted this picture on another similar thread! Not my picture, I pinched it from Lost Jeeps.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was an old way of defeating the ERG without getting it mapped out using a little circuit to fool the ECU, it may be worth researching it as a see that the tuners in America aren't allowed to delete the EGR anymore??