Camping, Trailing, Off Roading Foods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it'd be a nice idea for us to share some of the foods we take w/ us when enjoying the outdoors.

If you have some recipes or list of what you like to take in a cooler/picnic basket when you're going to be in the mud/trees/wilderness all day let us know.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is nothing unusual, but spicy chili of course. If it's got a little ash in it, all the better! My recipe for chili also includes
Texas Champagne... just poor it in! And please do not drain the fat from the ground beef. My dad has also included venison in the past.

Speaking of going camping, I've got a camping trip planned with my wife for next August. Funny thing, she grew up in Colorado and never went camping as a kid (her dad was once a paratrooper in the Army, and since then he refuses to go camping). So this is going to be her first trip. We're going to take the TJ back to Colorado. My parents live just north of Telluride, so I also have Imogene Pass mapped out for a trail ride! My brother has three little kids, and their going to join us with their pop-up trailer. We've already got campsites reserved outside of Ouray, as you have to plan early! I use to camp a lot as a youth... but I haven't been since getting married.

Plus, IMHO, the midwest just isn't as cool to camp in as the west (too many bugs, and not to mention the summer humidity).

I am going to ship out my tent and sleeping bags, as room in the TJ is limited of course!