Cabin Air Filter On KK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeeptarian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cabin Air Filter On KK:
This is one reason I wanted to go from my emeritus-status ZJ to my new KK--- often people who have ridden in my otherwise well-kept ZJ have asked me, “Do you have a dog riding in here? I don’t see a dog or dog hairs, but I smell a dog!” (I like dogs but don't have one--my wife likes them too, but is allergic to them.) The ZJ has no cabin air filter and is notorious for its cabin ventilation system getting gunked up with hard-to-fix foul smells.

The free KK Jeep-owner materials I got from Chrysler do not show how to change your KK cabin air filter, but the alldatadiy online subscription I got shows how easy it is to (Carefully!) tease out an old filter and put in a new one. (Unfortunate that I won’t likely be doing that in that I’m selling my near-new KK due to my right knee injury.)

I once changed my wife’s father’s CRV cabin filter and wheewww—eee! Amazing what that clogged mess looked like after just about 10,000 miles! (And my Father-in-law never even drove within 10 miles of a hog/dairy farm!)

How do you like having a changeable cabin air filter? Comments/questions/complaints?

Last edited:

k99jk99j

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-I would rather not have them.
-I just changed mine in the 12 in my sig. Nobody stocked them in the parts stores and I had to order them.
-Old ones were dis-colored after 21,000 miles but could have gone longer.
-Very easy to change!

Jeeptarian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the knowledge that they would no longer be making a Jeep the way I wanted it, I spent months looking for and having a dealer equip the KK just the way I wanted it. After buying the Liberty in March, 2013, I injured my right knee. While recovering, I've had time on my hands and wanted to be positive and to kind of connect with people online who like cars, Jeeps, and motorcycles---which I've been doing a lot more of since my injury. I'm not getting any younger, and it looks like I'll be lucky to walk normally, let alone take the Jeep and my motorcycles out like I used to. My wife drives me around for most of my needs, and she has a company car we pay for whether we use it personally or not. I really kind of thought the Liberty would be my last vehicle and I guess it probably is---just not the way I wanted it to be.

On the other hand, my wife likes the Liberty as much as I do; she helped me pick it out, and wants to keep it for her car after she retires if we can't get our price of $26.5k after taking such a big hit on the price.

Last edited:

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walking normals not all that its cracked up to be.
I haven't walked normal since 94. I will hopefully know tomorrow when I have surgery and if I have cancer. I have NO MONEY yet I still thinking about my next vehicle. Which right now I think I'll be going back to pick-ups.
My point is its not over till its over. Just keep on keeping on.
Walk or roll;)