Blower resistor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

night9crawler95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually about to switch mine out with a new one as soon as the wife gets back. Went to Advanced auto parts and got the BWD version.

CMEdge

night9crawler95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All is working. Blower resistor solved my issue.

You must be registered for see images

CMEdge

night9crawler95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also this blasted piece was going to be the death of me
You must be registered for see images

CMEdge

libertybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red Plastic

The red plastic piece is a locking tab from an electrical connector. Jeep used these to ensure that connectors did not become unplugged. No problem with the locking tab missing as long as the connector stays plugged together.

heavenbound

Reaction score
I just did this job today on my 06 KJ. Here's a tip that might help someone else struggling with that red locking tab. If you attack the bottom bolt from under the glove box, you can actually take both bolts out with the plug still in the resistor. Pull out nice and easy pulling to the right as it exits, and you can get the entire thing out, and then use a flat screwdriver to push that red tab out from the other side. I was trying so hard to pull the locking tab out originally I thought I was going to break it and figured this out as as solution. Hope it helps. On mine, the plug was a bit of a bear to remove even after figuring out the locking tab. I guess after 9 years, the two pieces had grown to like each other.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My red tab was brittle and broke into many little pieces. I plugged the blower resistor back in without it and never had issues since. Done a lot off road too and never came loose yet.