Another weird sound/feeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbelous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have kind of felt/heard this in the past few weeks but this past weekend it was more noticeable. Mostly when accelerating up a hill, steep or gradual, there was a reverberation sound coming from under the floor. I could feel the vibration in the floor and the gas petal and you could feel it in the passenger floor too. It didn't happen all the time, just mainly on those windy up/down hilly roads. Sometimes it would be louder, sometimes soft. Any idea what it could be and if I should worry?

gbelous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perhaps the Driveshaft vibration damper...not that I know what that is...but might have something to do with the driveshaft considering its there when I accelerate.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read some other posts on here about the damper causing vibration. Might be a good idea just to go under there and have a look around.

gbelous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what would I even be looking for? Haven't done much work on the Jeep yet, it's fairly new to me.

gbelous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was under there doing an oil change, I looked around at the driveshaft and u-joints and there wasn't any abnormal wear and tear, just surface rust on everything. I didn't see any oil on the U-joints. What can I look for to see if it is the damper that needs to be replaced?

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be the crappy gear changes. what speed was this mostly at? 25-35 i bet. and either 3rd or 4th gear? if so, thats just the way it is. shift it manually into 3rd after hitting 40mph and keep od locked out until you hit 55 or so.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are feeling vibration in the floor board or pedals the problem is most likely coming from the rear end of the vehicle. If the vibration is in the steering wheel the problem will be a front end issue. hope that helps to cut your search area in half.

Latest posts

Members online