Aloha, Quickly becoming a Jeep lover!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyQ

Reaction score
Aloha,

My name is Tony Q and my wife and I have owned our 2007 Jeep Liberty limited now for 4/5 months. Bought it from my mother (original owner) who purchased it brand new. Unfortunately it's not a 4x4 but it is quite the SUV.

Really gotta say that this thing is a ton of fun and just feels solid to drive!

I have hauled a variety of things in it by letting down the back seats. So versatile!

I change my own oil, replaced a window regulator, and just replaced the brake pads! Quite a few tutorials on youtube for this vehicle! Love it!

Any way, the wife and I are embarking on a new life journey to Maui, Hi later this year and plan to ship over our new best friend.

I also plan to supe this puppy up before we go with new all terrain tires, radio, speakers, tint, battery, etc...

I have my eyes set on some Toyo open country A/TII's, although im open to better suggestions.

Does anyone have experience with these on a Jeep Liberty?
The tire size indicates 225-75-R16

Thanx in advance, Looking forward to learning from you guys about our new favorite toy!
-Tony Q

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running general grabber at2 they are great tires for the price i ran them all last winter in the midwest 2wd no problems great grip only time i had to kick it in 4wd i was driving up and dow. The alleys to avoid everyone stuck and i ventured into a 4ft piles on the side and i got a little tied up probably could have rocked it out but i just kicked it in 4 wheel and kept going but the price is what really influenced me $550 total tax mounted everything for 4 tires my size is 235-70-16 on a 2002

Last edited:

TonyQ

Reaction score
I am running general grabber at2 they are great tires for the price i ran them all last winter in the midwest 2wd no problems great grip only time i had to kick it in 4wd i was driving up and dow. The alleys to avoid everyone stuck and i ventured into a 4ft piles on the side and i got a little tied up probably could have rocked it out but i just kicked it in 4 wheel and kept going but the price is what really influenced me $550 total tax mointed everything for 4 tires my size is 235-70-16 on a 2002

Sweet! yeh I have been researching those as well! Looks like i have it narrowed down to about 3 sets, Toyo Open country at2, General grabber at2, and the Discoverer at3.... I don't know. All appear to be solid choices, gotta just roll wit my gut and try them out. It will be my first time buying all terrain so im excited either way!

Thanx for your input Jbergun!

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! yeh I have been researching those as well! Looks like i have it narrowed down to about 3 sets, Toyo Open country at2, General grabber at2, and the Discoverer at3.... I don't know. All appear to be solid choices, gotta just roll wit my gut and try them out. It will be my first time buying all terrain so im excited either way!

Thanx for your input Jbergun!

Yea this has been my first set of all terrains as well i always had street tires maybe thats why i love them so much but after pricing out other street and all terrain these were the most sensible i was able to go to the Tire Rack distribution center in Indiana and get them mounted there saved quite a bit compared to other tires that are available in Chicago and i got almost 20k on them still a ton of tred left like 10/32 maybe more

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/E8eywgTs93o

This is the only thing i dont like about all terrain tires compared to muds or streets you get in mud they throw it everywhere it may look like they dont grip but i was holding the brake a little to dig in ha ha

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome TonyQ. Enjoy the forum.

Dave