Aftermarket gauges...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wanting to install an aftermarket temp gauge. Since the dash gauge has let me down, "big time" before! My 02' overheated, dropped a valve,:flame: and now I am stripping her for spare parts, for my 04'. Don't want this to happen again! I have a mechanical (not electric) gauge I'd like to install on her.
But as I understand, the original temp sensor, must be there, for the PCM to adjust idle and other parameters... In the old days, we used used a "T" fitting, so both the original dash gauge, and aftermarket gauge would work...
But there isn't much room in there, where the factory temp sensor is installed.
Any ideas for this?

Also, I have this nice vacuum gauge, I'd like to install too.
But where can I connect it to? Where is the best place?

One last question... Somewhere on this forum, there was a posting, on where the the lines can be easily be fed though the firewall.
Can someone direct me to it?

Thank You Everyone! for making me fall in love with my Jeep, that I just had to buy another one, after my first one blew the engine, after 8 months...

I need my Jeep, to get me to work, in the winter snow. My company is never closed, just because of bad weather...
And I count, at least 10 KJ's in the parking lot where I work. Plus many more Wranglers and other Jeeps. A rural area, with 2 lane winding roads. No wonder there are so many Jeeps in the parking lot at my work!

A necessity, in this area of rural Pennsylvania!

Many Thanks to everyone on the forum!

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my temperature sender hooked into the bleeder hole on the top of the upper radiator hose. I also have a oil pressure gauge, and a voltage gauge, as well as the ability to monitor the transmission temp. All my gauges are digital except for the oil pressure gauge.