Adding a true water temperature gauge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plugged in the OBD2 scanner as I was driving and the scanner showed a coolant temp of 97 degrees Celsius or 208F. This was just normal driving conditions around town with the A/C on. I have the HD Towing package as well.
It surprised me a bit because 97 degrees Celsius is very close to 100 degrees boiling point, or does HOAT have a higher boil point/doesn't boil at all?

Last edited:

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plugged in the OBD2 scanner as I was driving and the scanner showed a coolant temp of 97 degrees Celsius or 208F. This was just normal driving conditions around town with the A/C on. I have the HD Towing package as well.
It surprised me a bit because 97 degrees Celsius is very close to 100 degrees boiling point, or does HOAT have a higher boil point/doesn't boil at all?

At atmospheric pressure, a 50/50 glycol mix boils at 223F.
The pressure in your system raises the boiling point(think a pressure cooker, as the temp can't get any hotter when it starts boiling) on it's own. At 15PSI, a 50/50 mix boils at 253F.

Members online

No members online now.