2012 Radio issue...please help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danthrax73

Reaction score
have a 2012 Liberty, may be a dumb issue but I cannot get the AM or FM radio to work. Satellite/Aux/CD all work fine but silence on AM/FM. Looking for advice

Danthrax73

Reaction score
update...I was able to reach in through the glove box and appears the antenna connection was loose somehow? but when I tried to get it to make connection the radio came on for a second but then the whole thing came off in my hand :/ Anybody know how tricky it is to repair? I've never messed with the radio in anything newer than my 2000 grand cherokee. this isn't the antenna connection I'm use to with just a metal pin going into the head unit, it has some sort of plastic on the end that I fear I've broken.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Reaction score
That plastic thing is a pain in the neck. It's a two-part deal and you need to pull one part out a little bit. This is what frees the plug. With the plug in place you snap that moving part back in to lock it. Mess around with it a little bit and I'm sure you'll figure it out. (That's how I did it.)

Latest posts

Members online