2012 Barn Find KK w/57k miles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice find! That’s rare to find one with such low miles. Let us know how we can help as you get it road ready and mod/lift it if that’s your vision for the Jeep. :)

What color & options does it have?

MsRandiCook

Cookie
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know, I was so shocked too find it! I had to add some charging spots. I guess back in 2012 they didn't install many.

It's loaded.

MsRandiCook

Cookie
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice find! That’s rare to find one with such low miles. Let us know how we can help as you get it road ready and mod/lift it if that’s your vision for the Jeep. :)

What color & options does it have?
I'll post some photos tomorrow.

I have it going to Ziebart mid January. I just ordered the SKID Plate Kit Transfer Case. Tank has that one already installed. I an searching for a front now. The front seems low. I see why everyone lifts theirs.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll post some photos tomorrow.

I have it going to Ziebart mid January. I just ordered the SKID Plate Kit Transfer Case. Tank has that one already installed. I an searching for a front now. The front seems low. I see why everyone lifts theirs.
Good call on the rust prevention, they melt on salty roads. Get the sills (Rockers?) Wax injected too.

MsRandiCook

Cookie
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that thing is mint!

Depending on whether your future adventures include off roading, you may want to consider replacing the 20” wheels with 16” or 17” wheels and getting tires with taller sidewalls but the same circumference as your current tires. That will give you a smoother ride and allow you to air down for more traction and better floatation over certain squishy surfaces (snow, sand, etc.). Try to match the backspacing of your current wheels and get 7” wide to eliminate rubbing.

MsRandiCook

Cookie
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that thing is mint!

Depending on whether your future adventures include off roading, you may want to consider replacing the 20” wheels with 16” or 17” wheels and getting tires with taller sidewalls but the same circumference as your current tires. That will give you a smoother ride and allow you to air down for more traction and better floatation over certain squishy surfaces (snow, sand, etc.). Try to match the backspacing of your current wheels and get 7” wide to eliminate rubbing.
I agree. Right now, I care for my 97 year old Mother. So for now it stays low so she can get in & out. Later I will need direction on how to lift it and make it a lot more trail worthy. I am also considering pulling a camping trailer for extended stays. So new gearing will be a must. If I can go down the road @60, I'm happy!

Drag Line

Reaction score
That is a really nice KK!

I have an ‘11 with the factory tow package (trans cooler with the additional electric fan, etc) that can handle a 4,000 trailer through the Appellations & Rockies. If you decide later you want the big brake kit for better stopping power with the trailer, you will need a minimum of 17” rims to clear the dual piston front calipers.

Great find!

MsRandiCook

Cookie
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a really nice KK!

I have an ‘11 with the factory tow package (trans cooler with the additional electric fan, etc) that can handle a 4,000 trailer through the Appellations & Rockies. If you decide later you want the big brake kit for better stopping power with the trailer, you will need a minimum of 17” rims to clear the dual piston front calipers.

Great find!
Mine has the tow package too. Where do you get the twin dual piston calipers? Just a local autoparts store?

Drag Line

Reaction score
Take a look at the Liberty KK Big Brake Kit on this forum.
I think I saw another write up on one of the Wrangler forums but not sure which one.

I don’t have a BBK on my KK yet but was able to drive a KK with one. Talk getting a faceplant into the windshield.
My KK will go 60 to 0 mph in a little less than 200’. BBK 60 to 0 mph on his is a bit less than 100’.
As soon as I can find the 18” rims I want will determine when I’ll put the kit on my KK.
I’m probably going to have to put disc brakes on the trailer so it won’t jackknife when braking hard.
Which area of Indiana are you in? I was in Lowell in the NW corner for a while.

MsRandiCook

Cookie
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
W O W!

Well I'm going from 20" rims down to 17" rims with off road tires later. This will be after I figure out the lift later down the road. For now it stays the way it is.

The brakes I can do anytime. I'll do the search for the kit and get them coming in.

Elkhart....

Thank you so much for the data. ❤️

Randi