2009 HVAC and Radio Lost Communication - Codes U0184 U0164

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MKnight318

Reaction score
I recently picked up this 2009 Sport and have been working through the previous owner's failures to get her back on the road. The codes I am getting and the web searching I have done seem to be related. The radio appears to be fouled out as it only makes CD eject noises—no lights, sounds, etc. I checked the harness behind and the PO had cobbled in an aftermarket radio at some point. The harness is repaired now, the radio casing is rusted(assumed to be a bad radio). The HVAC Module has no lights and the only response seems to be from the fans turning on, nothing else works on it. I have replaced it with a known good module with the same results. I have checked the fuses and they are good. I have read it could be related to the TIPM but have not found any definitive answers or starting points other than "take it to the dealer". Anybody experience this?

Latest posts

Members online