2006 A/C Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroBird

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have an '06 Liberty, recent repairs by someone other than me, as I am not familiar with A/C. Compressor, Evaporator & associated fittings (I believe) Schrader valve, blah, blah the guy even went in and told me I needed a body control module because the comp. would not come on, all of this last year. Recently, the wife says I have no A/C. Took it back to same fellow, he suggest that I need blend doors, maybe actuators. (not dual air control) I finally looked at it today and all over this site, but couldn't find much on 06's. At any rate, I found that all air diverting devices work properly and so does the temp control. However, the clutch on the compressor cycles on and off. About ten seconds in each. I have not checked refrigerant, as I don't have gauges, and that is what I expect to hear from anyone that is kind enough to reply. But my "guy" said all pressures hi & low are good. Any thoughts ?

Thank you for reading, BroBird

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding that if the pressure is correct in the system, it doesn't cycle. Mine cycles because there's a leak in the system that I continually top off.

BroBird

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. And I will go the link you provided,TC, If I understand you correctly, they aren't getting cold, just sweating like a normal system, but the compressor will then cycle off so it doesn't actually get a chance to do any real cooling. Duderz7, that is what I would expect, improper refrigerant = compressor cycling. I have more work and research to do, Thanks again. BroBird

BroBird

Reaction score
USS2Defiant,
I believe you are most correct about a new "guy" !!! He has agreed to check the system with his gauges one more time. But as I told my wife, we are going to find someone else. The link would not completely come up, but I am on my work computer. I will log in again later. Many Thanks for the replies.

BroBird

Reaction score
By the Way, No the lines nor the dryer are getting cold, normal sweating like I would expect to see. Thanks TC

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the pictures are all gone for some reason but there's a PDF link that has the same info.
It's just a summary/cheat sheet of info from the FSM anyways.

BroBird

Reaction score
Thanks uss2, The saga continues, long story short, I believe I need a new blend door actuator. So if anyone has a link to that fix, I would be grateful. The "guy" that had been working on the A/C for us, agreed to look at it once more. He told my wife, that he "beat the hell out of the unit" and the blend door went to the right position, eeegads. Now, we have cold air, but I think I can hear the blend door actuator "looking for it's position". BTW, I'm looking for a new mechanic. THANK GOD, for forums and knowledgeable people willing to share their knowledge. I'm gonna cruise the DIY !!!

BroBird

Reaction score
Thank you, Itd02. Looks like I will be in for a project !!! But as the "poster" said "keep organized". It will be time consuming, but I have more time than money. ☺

Members online

No members online now.