2005 Key Won't Program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Reaction score
I've programmed many replacement keys for my daughter's 2005 Liberty. But now it won't program any more. I've cut several keys and gone through the routine that worked formerly. The keys just won't program.

The shop manual has the program routine but lacks any in depth information. Does anyone know how many keys can be programmed to one vehicle? Maybe that's maxed out. If it is, how do I delete keys from memory so new ones can be added?

This is really a pain.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've programmed many replacement keys for my daughter's 2005 Liberty. But now it won't program any more. I've cut several keys and gone through the routine that worked formerly. The keys just won't program.

The shop manual has the program routine but lacks any in depth information. Does anyone know how many keys can be programmed to one vehicle? Maybe that's maxed out. If it is, how do I delete keys from memory so new ones can be added?

This is really a pain.
I think I saw a max of 8 keys posted somewhere, don't know if the programmed ones can be cleared from memory or not. Is she losing the keys?

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score

This is really a pain.
I agree with Jeremy. I believe you can only program a certain number, I also think you can go into the skim and delete old ones. I hate to say it, but you may have to contact the dealer for this type of help unless you own a good snap on scanner!