2004 KJ 4x4 OME/Bilstein Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like fun. Too bad you couldn't go for the JBA's up front and the IRO rear control arms, but that’s ok it's gonna ride 138% better when you're done.

kylejeep

Reaction score
Thanks!

Yes, it's too bad, but it looked like as long as I didn't go any higher than the base OME lift, I would be safe to replace with stock.

Shankster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Yes, it's too bad, but it looked like as long as I didn't go any higher than the base OME lift, I would be safe to replace with stock.
You might get lucky but when I did the same my front spring on the passenger side would hit the stock UCA under certain circumstances (backing out my driveway at full steering lock was one. It would happen multiple times on a rough 4x4 trail too). I ended up installing some RRO UCAs which fixed the problem. A lot of folks on here don't like RRO but I had a good experience. The angle on your upper ball joints will look pretty alarming but hopefully wont trash the ball joints. I think your approach is sound though and you'll save a bunch of cash if you don't need aftermarket UCAs.

cloudhopper51

Reaction score
All of the parts for my lift and other stuff I'm replacing.
You must be registered for see images attach

Eager to get started.
Can you share the parts list? What vendor did you use? I'm looking in to doing the same thing on my 06 KJ renegade, likely with JBA UCAs though.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Yes, I just replaced springs and shocks, everything else is stock. Rides much better.