2003 Jeep Liberty OME 2.5" Suspension Before & After

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Concerned

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just an update, my Jeep has been driving great! I put about 3k miles on it since install and its a whole new ride now, it is like night and day stock vs OME! Now that is is broken in it drives better then a newer vehicle I have lol! I just ordered a passenger UCA because apparently when I had some major work done they did the driver but not passenger. Also I ordered the rear UCA because my buddy said it is almost rusted through, I was going to get like OEM but read on here people advised against that so I got OEM, I ordered it from mopar wholesale online. I will repost once everything is installed, after this batch of work I am getting tires. Thanks for all the advice everyone!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So just an update, my Jeep has been driving great! I put about 3k miles on it since install and its a whole new ride now, it is like night and day stock vs OME! Now that is is broken in it drives better then a newer vehicle I have lol! I just ordered a passenger UCA because apparently when I had some major work done they did the driver but not passenger. Also I ordered the rear UCA because my buddy said it is almost rusted through, I was going to get like OEM but read on here people advised against that so I got OEM, I ordered it from mopar wholesale online. I will repost once everything is installed, after this batch of work I am getting tires. Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Did you get the Mopar rear tri link?
Plus I have about 60,000 on one of JBAs replacements and about 40,000 on another one ...........................

Concerned

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the Mopar rear tri link?
Plus I have about 60,000 on one of JBAs replacements and about 40,000 on another one ...........................

Yes I ended up getting the mopar rear tri link since everyone advised against like OEM here from what I read. I 100% would have gotten a JBA passenger front UCA but the driver was done with mopar less then 2 months ago and I could not find it in myself to trash a good replacement part since it seems the JBA UCAs are only sold in a pair and $400 for both? I ended up getting both for $600 from a mopar overstock online store which seemed to be a great deal looking everywhere else.

Last edited:

Concerned

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figure while me and my buddy are working on my Jeep next week I will order 2 ignition coils since I got a p0030 and p0060 and p00100 codes (I think those 3?) so I will order 2 ignition coils for cylinders 3 and 6 while I am at it, is it better to get OEM in the case of ignition coils or do the delphi ones work the same from advance auto? The codes got thrown when going over 70 MPH otw to work and I cleared them last week and they have not cropped up again, although I do feel misfires sitting idle and a loss in power from cruising at 50-60 MPH and trying to accelerate things can get a little sluggish at times, although it does not happen all the time which makes me think the coil packs are needed. Spark plugs were done 10k miles ago.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I figure while me and my buddy are working on my Jeep next week I will order 2 ignition coils since I got a p0030 and p0060 and p00100 codes (I think those 3?) so I will order 2 ignition coils for cylinders 3 and 6 while I am at it, is it better to get OEM in the case of ignition coils or do the delphi ones work the same from advance auto? The codes got thrown when going over 70 MPH otw to work and I cleared them last week and they have not cropped up again, although I do feel misfires sitting idle and a loss in power from cruising at 50-60 MPH and trying to accelerate things can get a little sluggish at times, although it does not happen all the time which makes me think the coil packs are needed. Spark plugs were done 10k miles ago.

Replace them all not just 2 or 3
would you only buy one shoe and keep using the old other one?

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id replace all of the coils and all of the spark plugs while youre at it. I know you've replaced them 10K miles ago, but if you've had misfiring then theyre probably not in the best shape anyway. Plugs are pretty cheap so i'd just do the lot in one go. Get the NGK ZFR6F11G spark plugs.

Concerned

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id replace all of the coils and all of the spark plugs while youre at it. I know you've replaced them 10K miles ago, but if you've had misfiring then theyre probably not in the best shape anyway. Plugs are pretty cheap so i'd just do the lot in one go. Get the NGK ZFR6F11G spark plugs.

Thanks for the advice! They sell those at my local advance auto for the same price as online so I am just going to get them there, thanks!

Replace them all not just 2 or 3
would you only buy one shoe and keep using the old other one?

Looking at it that was I went agead and ordered 4 more, thank you for your input!

Concerned

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So me and my buddy went ahead and replaced the passenger UCA today, the rear upper control arm (tri link), spark plugs and coils, and we are doing the rear pads tomorrow which were a little worn down. The rear tri link was a bit**, we ended up getting it out after 4 hours of banging and methods including jacking up the passenger side of the rear which broke it free eventually, the codes thrown which provoked me to replace the coil packs were misfires for cylinders 3 and 6 and I am glad I took the input here because after removing the spark plugs on 3 and 6 they were charred to the ceramic, on cylinder 6 there was actually oil on the spark plug and inside the coil pack but we think that was when the dealer did not put oil back in my jeep after a change and the engine blew, then some things followed (another story), so now that the coils and spark plugs are replaced it runs A LOT smoother now and the slight rumble in the steering wheel is gone, also my buddy cleaned the throttle body while we were at it which had A LOT of carbon build up. Things are coming along nicely! I plan to get tires within a month even tho mine have about 10k more miles left because it is going to look so much better.

I will post pictures of before and after of the spark plugs and tri link soon, the tri link was SHOT and I could move the ball joint with my pinky lol, also the front passenger UCA that someone also pointed out was just as bad!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you buy coil packs from Advance ? Hoping not.
Tri-link is a very simple job, I remove bracket and all so you can get at everything easily. 30 minutes to 45 usually max even when ready to fall apart

Concerned

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you buy coil packs from Advance ? Hoping not.
Tri-link is a very simple job, I remove bracket and all so you can get at everything easily. 30 minutes to 45 usually max even when ready to fall apart

There was a lot of rust on the arm which I think made things harder, plus we did not jack the passenger side of the car up until the last hour which ended up doing the trick, if we did that initially things would have been done in an hour.

I ended up getting OEM coil packs and the OEM NGK spark plugs.