2002 fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nlocascio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if a fuel pump from a 2005 liberty will fit a 2002? I know the pumps are different. 05 is one piece and 02 is two parts. Also the newer one does away with the fuel filter. Currently my liberty has a Macgyvered fuel filter. Had lots of issues with it. Replaced it first time, some issues. Few years later it started to leak fuel, so replaced it again. Few days later, and half a tank sprayed on the road, replaced it again. All auto zone parts, as i did not feel the need to spend couple hundred on it from Chrysler for some plastic and a paper filter. Was leaking where it connects to the metal fuel line by the rear differential. Metal line is fine. Ended up cutting the plastic line of the filter, and clamping a rubber line from the filter to the solid metal line. 2 hose clamps either end. My parents have an 05 and i noticed they did away with this poorly designed filter. Looks like the fuel tank for both years is the same, but the fuel pump now only has one line coming out of it. So in the future when i need to replace the pump it would be nice not to have to hassle with that dumb filter, plus the other pump is less money and looks easier to install