Just installed magnaflow muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just swapped out the big *** stock muffler for a straight through magnaflow stainless.

I left the resonator on, and first impression is that it's actually pretty quiet. I have heard these things get louder as they get broken in, so I think I will post up some sound clips once this thing bakes for a week or so.

I have a high quality voice recorder, so I should be able to get some pretty high quality sounds.

Power wise, going up hill to my house seems to have a little less effort. I've only just ripped around the neighborhood a couple times, so I will post back some some impressions after I have run Little Jack around for a couple days.

Of course, too early to know what mileage is like.

For those of you looking to do this swap. Make sure you have a sawzal with a GOOD quality metal blade. No way in crap you are going to get that muffler off with a hack saw, and I bought some cheap blades that lasted about 10 seconds before they were dulled. Getting this thing off was a bee-otch. Of course, if you have a torch, no problem.

Also, you will need about a 12" extension pipe, and if you cut right behind the stock muffler, you will have just enough pipe before the upturn, to fasten the extension to.

Here are some pics for yawl.

Attachments

• sidebyside.jpg
    sidebyside.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 55
  • straight through.jpg
    straight through.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 47
  • from rear.jpg
    from rear.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 67

Mr_Nick

Reaction score
Nice install, what case length did you get? I have 2 I removed from my Cutlass, and replaced them with ****** AeroChambers. I'll probably put one of the Magnaflows on the KK, but they look smaller then yours. Smaller will mean slightly louder, so I'm interested in hearing yours first.

Nick

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been away on business this week. I'm going to get one up in the next day. or two. After letting this thing bake for a couple weeks, I think dropping the resonator is going to be the next step. Little too quiet I think.

And the muffler I got was part number 12256 on their website.

Satin finish, universal fit.