2.5 crd main bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordon

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for adding me to the forum. Sitting in a tight spot here in RSA, can not find a set of mains for my 2.5 Crd jeep. :favorites68:

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
"ID Parts" might be able to help. They cater to the 2.8 CRD but I'll bet they would know where to get 2.5 parts.

LOSTJeeps is a mother-lode of CRD info.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Gordon, What part of SA are you in?
What Year is your CRD?

The parts Fiches for all the KJ CRDs, USA or Export, from 2002 to 2006....2.5 or 2.8 L...all show the PNs for the bearings as: 04720877 STD or 04720883 0.25 U/S whatever that means....maybe oversize bearings if the crank has been ground down.

Go to the "Jeep Liberty CRD ....Love That Torque" section at LOST JEEPS • Index page and also the "CRD TECH only" section

And try the Australian site...have a lot of 2.5 CRDs there: AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM - AJOR

Get your Manuals from: Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

You can download the Service manuals for your year KJ as above but the 2.5 CRD Engine is not covered in the Service Manuals for any year KJ...the most important document to download at Colorado is the section "2.5_2.8 Export Diesel"....this gives you the details of the 2.5/2.8 Export CRDs which covers our 2.5 type engines although the part numbers for the bearings are the same for the USA 2.8 models as for our Export 2.5 CRDs!
So if looking overseas for bearings it is probably best to search under "JEEP Liberty KJ CRD"

Last edited:

Gordon

Reaction score
Hi Bill, do you have contact for spares for this CRD 2.5. I have tried everywhere and cant find. The local American SUV shop are mad with their prices.

Gordon

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help thus far, much appreciated. Spent 18k already on Pump, injectors and the other bearings. Just 2nd oversize mains i cant find

Gordon

Reaction score
Bill i Live in Newcastle KZN. Its my wifes little 4x4 and she loves it to bits, will never buy another one again!!!!!

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try asking the Aussies at www.ausjeepoffroad.com....they have a lot of the same Export CRDs that we have and should be able to advise you as to where to obtain these bearings.

I love my 2002 2.5 manual CRD..best vehicle I have ever had and hope that it will my last vehicle....unless I win the Lotto then may upgrade to another Jeep but this time an auto....plus the writing is on the wall for the fate of all diesel vehicles so petrol would be the next choice.