Rotational Squeak/Chirp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbhauler05

Reaction score
Needing some help determining the source of a rotational squeak from the rear end of my 2010 Liberty. Hoping someone has encountered the same issue and has found resolve...because I'm at my wits end.

Ive taken it to two different dealerships trying to source the noise and BOTH have had it for multiple days and come back telling me they 'Cannot Replicate', which is a crock considering it does it EVERY TIME/EVERY DAY I'm driving the mile or so between work and my house. It even happened while I was LEAVING the first dealership (no...I didn't go back, they had me annoyed enough at that point)

Here's what I do know:
2010 Limited with 102k miles - 2.5 leveling kit and a smidge bigger than stock 17" tires
All Brake Pads were replaced less than 1000 miles ago (rotors turned at that time)
Braking makes the chirp stop
Putting tension on the E-Brake doesn't make the chirp stop
Between 20mph and 30mph its pretty noticeable
The faster I go, the faster it goes
Sounds like its coming from the left rear

Here's what I don't know:
WHERE ITS COMING FROM.

Any Ideas?

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driveshaft U-Joints may make a chirp. Did it show up after putting the "leveling kit" on?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
first place I'd look
Drive down the road about 10 miles and back, right away crawl under and put your hand next to the u-joints , if bad they'll be hot

rbhauler05

Reaction score
Chirp showed up a few weeks ago, leveling kit went on last November.

Thank you, Ill check on that this evening!