Cold Air Driver Side Hot Air Passenger Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamish

Reaction score
Good Day all

I have a 2009 Jeep Liberty and I have an issue with my HVAC system. The driver side blows cold air and the passenger side blows hot air.

This is what I have done so far:

1. I have determined that its not an Actuator Issue, as the passenger side will rotate between Defrost, Feet and Vents without any issues and so will the driver side but it blows cold on all stages.

2. I have ready in one forum that the heater core may be the issue, but I have good heat on the passenger side. I also flushed the heater core and passed compressed air threw the system just to be safe.

3. I can press the circulating button to recirculate the cabin air and its hot on both sides as you would think.

4. I have Re-calibrated the doors.

5. No faults on any actuator as per the scanner.

So I have concluded that a blend door in the HVAC unit is either broken or stuck. I know the whole dash has to be open to properly fix it and that's an 8 hour project and I have ham hocks for hands.

What I need to know is the junk yard fix, I've seen some post of people opening a hole in the side of the box behind the glove box; but this was for a Grand Cherokee. Has any one done this for a 2009 Jeep Liberty? or do you have any other thoughts of what might be going on.

Regards, Hamish

maantoline

Reaction score
any luck fixing your heater? i have the same problem. any help would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the opposite on my 2010 Jeep Liberty. Hot air on the drivers side but cool air coming in on the passenger side. I looked into the engine compartment and saw open areas where the AC line go through the fire wall. I plugged those up and have had no issues since.