OME Springs Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacAndrew93

Reaction score
Well I have finally saved up the money for the OME 927s/948s. What is the best place to order them from? On the install will I have to compress the springs to get them in since they're bigger that stock? Any tips for the install?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I have finally saved up the money for the OME 927s/948s. What is the best place to order them from? On the install will I have to compress the springs to get them in since they're bigger that stock? Any tips for the install?

JeepinByAl
also bumpstops have them on the list?
Yes you have to compress your old springs and swap over the front springs and shocks, for the rear no no compressors needed
If never done it just take your time, its basically just an R&R job, nothing hard at all , jack/ jackstands , good set of tools, drill for drilling hole to install rear bumpstops etc

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Take your front springs and shocks to a shop with the old ones to have them switched out, those Autozone compressors will not work and they are seriously deadly. I think Tom told a story about someone that got their face torn off by one.

There's a how to on here for the Franken lift. Just follow that.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The 927/948 combo from JBA is going to run me $560 CDN. Got any more affordable sources?

Prices are set from ARB/ OME, so most any place will have almost the same pricing , may get some special deal like free shipping every now and again but thats about it

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 927/948 combo from JBA is going to run me $560 CDN. Got any more affordable sources?
It's worth spending the money on. I also got the Bilsteins and saved money installing it too. The ride is so much better than when she was stock.