Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) > How To

How To

Help! Cut Amp Wires at Connector

This is a discussion on Help! Cut Amp Wires at Connector within the How To forums, part of the Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) category!
I've been through many google pages for an answer of how to manually jumper the amp wires. I can't even ...

In this section it explains how to do installations and modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2018, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help! Cut Amp Wires at Connector

I've been through many google pages for an answer of how to manually jumper the amp wires. I can't even reach the door grommet hole for a new wire.
There must be a way to jumper the factory amp wires so the speakers work. This happened on the right side and want to do the same on the left.
The wires are cut at the connector so I can't even patch them up. Anyone?? Thanks
Verification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Location: Cooo, loo, coo, coo, coo, coo, coo, coooo, Great White North, MB,CAN

more info,

infinity system? stock head unit, trying to bypass the amp? etc? try posting in general too as this is the how to section and this is diagnostic.

07 KJ Sport - Sold - OME 927-948 / Bilstein 916-702 / 0.25" JBA Plates / Rear Iso / JBA 4.5 UCA / Mamba MR-1 / 245 75 16 Duratracs / Mopar Skids / Curt Hitch
PARTS for sale

14 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew Plus - Loaded but less interesting
Cardhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Cardhu View Post
more info,

infinity system? stock head unit, trying to bypass the amp? etc? try posting in general too as this is the how to section and this is diagnostic.
Thanks. It's the infinity speakers with the small amp built on. Jeep is a 2002 Liberty.
I was hoping someone has done the splicing successfully. I went ahead and ran new wires to the front doors and hope its easier doing the back.
I'm installing an Mtx x504 with 200w, a cheap Chinese made deck and a Dual 8" powered sub. The system worked well in my yukon with really nice thumping sound with 6 speakers.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

You are better off buying an external amplifier that powers all 4 door speakers.
800 Watt Inverter with custom face plate, winter renegade rims, Ziebart undercoating, Diehard Platinum, interior lights for back seat, back up camera and backup lights, DRL's, front facing work lights, Train horn, Heated mirrors, MB Quart OA800.4 amp, rear fog lights, Full skid plates, cb radio, OME medium duty lift, DIY extreme ported and polished throttle body.
renegade 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by renegade 04 View Post
You are better off buying an external amplifier that powers all 4 door speakers.

Yeah, that's what I did.
Any tips to making threading wire through the back grommets easier? Nothing easy about running new wires. I don't have to remove the seatbelt torx to access the wires, do I?