Thumping Noise when Decelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeyCrush

Reaction score
My 2005 is making a thumping noise when I'm either braking or coasting, but not when I'm accelerating. It almost sounds like a flat tire, but it isn't. Maybe suspension from when the vehicle sags when slowing down? It sounds like its coming from the rear of the vehicle, but hard to verify. Any thoughts?

Samsolo49

Reaction score
My 2005 is making a thumping noise when I'm either braking or coasting, but not when I'm accelerating. It almost sounds like a flat tire, but it isn't. Maybe suspension from when the vehicle sags when slowing down? It sounds like its coming from the rear of the vehicle, but hard to verify. Any thoughts?
Sounds like potentially a CV , haven't had one go bad on my Libby yet but on my 2000 outback it did and it sounded similar.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Renedave

Reaction score
The friction material coming off the e-brake pads can make a lot of weird noises at weird times. Both sides of mine have come apart, one sounding like a rock in the tire and the other a sporadic thumping. Is the thumping running about the same speed as the tires spin or faster/slower?