No signal/pulse #6 injector or coil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andylarry

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I am trying to help my farmer fix his 2004 Liberty sport. There is no signal / pulse to the #6 ignition coil or fuel injector. This happened after a leak from the coolant reservoir got that area wet, and kept it wet, for quite a while. Can anyone supply me with a wiring diagram, or better yet, the exact wires that I need to find, to check continuity from the injector and coil plugs back to the PCM plugs? There are 4 large plugs on the PCM. I'm guessing that the wetness from the leak could have possibly damaged the PCM. Of course, it would be best to make sure that the wires have proper continuity before I attempt to replace the PCM.
Thanks for helping!
Andy

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I am trying to help my farmer fix his 2004 Liberty sport. There is no signal / pulse to the #6 ignition coil or fuel injector. This happened after a leak from the coolant reservoir got that area wet, and kept it wet, for quite a while. Can anyone supply me with a wiring diagram, or better yet, the exact wires that I need to find, to check continuity from the injector and coil plugs back to the PCM plugs? There are 4 large plugs on the PCM. I'm guessing that the wetness from the leak could have possibly damaged the PCM. Of course, it would be best to make sure that the wires have proper continuity before I attempt to replace the PCM.
Thanks for helping!
Andy

You can download the 2003 KJ Service Manual here....close enough to the 2004. Includes the circuit diagrams....check the continuity and also check for a short to ground.

Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

andylarry

Reaction score
Thanks BillWill, but 03 PCM is way different than 04. I was able to get pin-out info from Automotive Scientific Inc. , the folks that sold me the reman PCM. I checked continuity from ignition coil and fuel injector connectors and all was ok. New PCM now pulses #6 coil and injector, but, still running on 5 cylinders. Found #6 fuel injector has an open circuit. Time to pull fuel rail and replace injector. The leaky coolant reservoir caused all of this. UGH