I have this Rumbling Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bnettles

Reaction score
My 2003 Jeep Liberty has a rumbling noise. I have found that it comes from this device on the bottom side of the jeep. The rumbling noise not always present but is often. When I climb underneath the jeep, it seems to come from this device. When I push it, the rumbling is worse. It seems as though this device may be loose and the rumbling comes as it is against something else.

1. Can somebody tell me what this device is?
2. Any advice on how to fix the noise? Can it be tightened up somehow so to not make the noise?

Image should be an attachment. I will keep trying till I get the attachment to work.

I think you could probably say that images are not allowed on this forum. Quite difficult to use. Click the below link for the image.

https://storage.googleapis.com/rockiestocumorahserver.appspot.com/20181119_090350.jpg

Thank you.

Attachments

• jeeppart.png
    jeeppart.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it rumbling when parked and idling? I don't think anything moves in the transfer case when parked (that's the transfer case by the way) there's a transmission mount just in front of that attaching it to that cross member, could be a worn mount.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That's the transfer case.

Danny_Hurst

Reaction score
Is it rubbing the floor?

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk