Help! Iginition Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Mad Gasser

Reaction score
It's been a while since I posted, but for the most part, we haven't had any major issues (other than some BB Gun toting little s---s shooting out three of my Jeep windows this past summer). But I have a current issue that's perplexing me.

About 3-4 weeks ago the factory ignition pin broke on the Libby and I replaced it. Well it worked well, the Mrs drove it daily with out any issues. Friday we loaded up the Jeep to go to Colorado, but when I turned the key, nothing happened just like a few weeks prior. Since the part was under warranty, we ordered a replacement thinking it might be faulty.

Well, that replacement came in today and I replaced the first replacement pin assembly. A few of the plastic pieces looked bent, but I didn't see any broken pieces. So I went ahead and re-watched the video instructions Dorman gives on assembly and reassembled the column and installed the second pin I got. I turned the key, the dashboard lights up, radio comes on, ac blows, but just like before, the engine won't turn over.

I ran out of daylight (and the Libby is sitting on the street instead of the driveway), I'm going to recheck my assembly tomorrow. Can anyone think of what could be wrong? If it's not the replacement pin assembly, do you think the switch is out?

This is the only vehicle we have, so I need to get it fixed ASAP.