A few problems to ponder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tellreded

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm reaching out to you guys as there are a few annoyances and worries that I have with my 06 kj. I will just list out the issues I'm having here and any input you guys have would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

SAS Lost communication with right up-front sas (would anyone know how to diagnose that?) I have this document, bit it says it is for a jeep wrangler. would this work?

There is a gurgling sound under the glove compartment. My father says that there is a rad panel there and that is what is making the sloshing sound, but I thought that it was on the front of the car.

RPM blips at around 1800 rpm. If I'm driving at a steady pace, the rpm will go up about 100 - 200 rpm then go back down, then up, then back down and it keeps doing that until i get away from that rev range.

Sometimes, haven't figured out what has caused it, but my jeep will not start. it makes the exact sound that it made when my fuel pump died, only now, I can get it started by adding throttle. but if I only use a small amount of throttle(engine revs around - just under 1000 rpm when it starts) will cause a rough idle until i give it more throttle (over 2000 RPM)

The pulley on the a/c compressor will spin on and off. This is completely normal. IF, the A/C is on. now, my jeep does that whether the a/c is on or off, Fan is on or off, hot or cold. if the engine is running, the pulley will spin intermittently as it would if the a/c button was clicked on. I have the wiring for the compressor unplugged right now, and have noticed that the jeep actually blows hot air, i have way more power and better fuel economy. I just wanna know if that means I need a recharge, New pulley assembly, New compressor, or all.

While driving on the highway (110+ km/h), my passengers always notice a cold wind blowing on their feet as if someone cut a hole in the wheel well or something. does anyone know if that's normal? or if there is a part notorious for coming loose to cause this?

If You read through all that, you are awesome, and If you can help me out, You are a SAINT! I really appreciate any help you guys can give to me. Thanks everyone

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll address the ones I may know something about. :)

...There is a gurgling sound under the glove compartment. My father says that there is a rad panel there and that is what is making the sloshing sound, but I thought that it was on the front of the car.
I think your heater core runs through there. look inside the engine compartment and find the two hoses (in and out), then see if you can burp the cooling system by cracking the bleeder up front.

While driving on the highway (110+ km/h), my passengers always notice a cold wind blowing on their feet as if someone cut a hole in the wheel well or something. does anyone know if that's normal? or if there is a part notorious for coming loose to cause this?...
Assuming you mean the front passenger area, peel back the carpet and check under there for rust, holes, etc. You can get a tiny leak around the windshield which channels down under the carpet and rusts the undercarriage out without you even knowing it. (At least, until someone goes Flintstone and puts their foot through the floor. Yabba Dabba Do!)

When was the last time you crawled underneath and had a good look around?

Tellreded

Reaction score
With the cooling system, bleeding might be difficult. I didn't have a big enough Allen key when I replaced the rad, but I had a big enough torx. Long story short, bleeder nut is stripped. Need to cut it out and replace. Also, I went under last month when I checked both diff fluids and transfer case and trans fluid cause I didn't know clicking was normal. I didn't really look around much besides those spots. I will check under there cause I travel a lot and sleep in here a lot, so im not to fond of the inside of the jeep being -20 after 10 mins

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't realize how important heat is until ya get to Alta in winter.
Gurgling sound is trapped air in system and a new bleeder hex should be ordered and the old one removed.
HOAT or zerex G-05 coolant only gets used in there.
A pressure leak down test should be done to see if the system is holding pressure or not. If you replaced the rad did you replace thermostat & if you did -use a mopar one only. It also has an air bleed hole in the thermostat.
Each morning after sitting all night, add HOAT coolant to the cold fill line and re-check daily to ensure it is topped up and not dropping.
Cycling of the ac clutch is normal when set to defrost/AC or any position marked with the *
The IAC controls the idle and if it is all over the place, good place to start is to remove the IAC & clean the ports and IAC plunger etc.
Could also be the TPS throttle position sensor if it is acting up around 1800 rpm, mine was.
Is the check engine light on? scan/ read the codes....
Passengers & cold feet, get heating up to speed first & hmm...ya door seals & rubber seal that runs along the bottom of door when open- inspect it. Carry a thick towel to throw down on da feet LOL..
Sas going to need to get scanned etc link: https://www.obd-codes.com/u0126

Tellreded

Reaction score
I've just been using a 50/50 mix of prestone Concentrate in the coolant fill tank if that's what you mean. And I didn't replace the thermostat, I have a bluedriver and ordered a scantool.net tool for torque pro. Bluedriver is saying that my average temp is around 200F° . I also have no code but the mode 6 isn't pretty, it says it missfires on all cylinders with low numbers except cyl4. Pretty sure it is done cause i have 70 misfires in a 10cycle. I'll try and post a picture of it. Also, the clutch will do the intermittent spin even while all climate control is off (vent position controls the on/off, set to off, it will still spin)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've just been using a 50/50 mix of prestone Concentrate in the coolant fill tank if that's what you mean. And I didn't replace the thermostat, I have a bluedriver and ordered a scantool.net tool for torque pro. Bluedriver is saying that my average temp is around 200F° . I also have no code but the mode 6 isn't pretty, it says it missfires on all cylinders with low numbers except cyl4. Pretty sure it is done cause i have 70 misfires in a 10cycle. I'll try and post a picture of it. Also, the clutch will do the intermittent spin even while all climate control is off (vent position controls the on/off, set to off, it will still spin)

Buy a thermostat from MOPAR, then flush that Prestone crap out of the cooling system , check and replace the hoses while in there as well and install the correct coolant ( HOAT ) as mentioned above

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
How many miles on this Jeep?
Prestone is definitely not what you want in the system. HOAT or Zerex G-05- yup flush it.
Always refer to your owners manual for correct fluid specification. Free owners manual available for downloads, if you don't have paper copy.
Misfires- Use new NGK ZFR6F-11G gap at .040 as per under hood sticker.60758[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Then replace the coil packs using Mopar ones. Re-test again see if the counts re-appear
Is the valve train quiet, no rattling going on?

Attachments

• cdtGXgY.jpg
    cdtGXgY.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 0

Tellreded

Reaction score
No rattling and I believe those are the plugs I have, just put them in last month trying to fix that misfire. I hear a knocking coming from cylinder 4, and a ticking coming from cylinder 1. When I changed the Sparks, the some of the coil plugs did seem a bit dirty, so I might try to replace them. I have 223269 KILOMETERS on it. Not sure what that is in miles. I got a feeling this jeep isn't going to last much longer. Anyone got an extra 3.7 or 4.7 laying around? Lol

Last edited: