Engine codes 2002 liberty limited 3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Newman

Reaction score
I just picked up this liberty cheap last night the check engine light is on has 3 codes p0159 02 b2 s2 slow response p0174 fuel system lean bank 2 and p0153 02 b2 s1 slow response i am thinking injector or intake gasket runs rough at idle seems to clear up under power any thoughts?

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FSM says 159 and 153 cause 174.
Replace both O2 sensors on bank 2(passenger side)should fix 174.
Use NTK sensors.

Gyro

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before replacing the O2 sensors, one thing you might want to do is to verify your catalytic converter for that bank is working properly. A bad cat can really mess with the O2 sensor readings, making it seem like the sensors are the issue.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Depending on miles, just replace all 4, like anything else sensors get weaker, so having all 4 new would be much better than running around with one new sock on and one holey one

Newman

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys it has 199000 miles on it and runs really rough at idle almost seems like a miss but clears up under power I will start with o2 sensors I couldn't pass it up I got it to drive back and forth to work has brand new tires on it some minor cosmetic stuff and check engine light on picked it up for $1200 drives smooth down the road no rattles steering is tight

Latest posts

Members online