Your thoughts on JBA Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amir

Reaction score
I currently have stock manifolds on my Jeep (05). The exhaust manifold gaskets have degraded and leaks in a few spots.

After pricing new gaskets, bolts/studs I began weighing my options.

I then found a new set of JBA headers on ebay for a great price. I ordered them.

For anyone who has experience with these headers can they offer some advice on performance and if it was a wise upgrade?

Thanks.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In order to take advantage of headers you need to have an improved intake and also a improved exhaust. I have a flow master exhaust and ported throttle body along with my headers.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
In order to take advantage of headers you need to have an improved intake and also a improved exhaust. I have a flow master exhaust and ported throttle body along with my headers.

But all of that combined with a complete computer program may gain you a bit
Really unless you just think you have to have JBA headers , then not really worth it , again just to say " I HAVE HEADERS " :happy175:

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way my build is going I am planning on modifying the 3.7 and the reprogramming is hopefully going to happen soon, just have to find a place willing to do it.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But they don't fit the 3.7s from 02-04?
I even have HPTuners and I would love to tune this - but can't

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The headers do fit, but you need new cats because the headers use a traditional flange style to connect to the cats and the 02 to 04 manifold uses a clamp to attach it to the cats.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tuning alone can not make headers,bigger TB,and all that make you power,you need to change the internals to take full use of being able to breath and exhale better.

Well yes... if you're trying to go big on the 3.7l, the valve train ex: higher spring rate springs, better locks/retainers , valve job on heads - hell maybe even see how much lift you can pull with rockers before it's maxed or custom grind cam even

But

Sometimes just a little tuning goes a long way for people who want a little more
Out of their daily ;)

Ps. I have a few other cars built and tuned balls-out so the jeep is more of less my daily/winter vehicle

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well yes... if you're trying to go big on the 3.7l, the valve train ex: higher spring rate springs, better locks/retainers , valve job on heads - hell maybe even see how much lift you can pull with rockers before it's maxed or custom grind cam even

But

Sometimes just a little tuning goes a long way for people who want a little more
Out of their daily ;)

Ps. I have a few other cars built and tuned balls-out so the jeep is more of less my daily/winter vehicle

Most tuners are like tickling a hookers leg, you want to think you're getting her excited but in reality, you're just fooling yourself, she is getting nothing out of it.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF I could use HPT I would hit the transmission tables first. The convertor lock up / release vs TPS, the skip shift and downshift tables , maybe line pressure too
Who knows. In necer seen these tables and probably never will from my research I can't seem to find a way to access the ECU
Next would check out the timing tables etc etc. just make it drive a little happier ;)
Every vehicle is different and reacts differently depending on how the stock tables are set up by default.

I could hit up my buddy at overkill but I think even he can't do much with the earlier platforms

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
IF I could use HPT I would hit the transmission tables first. The convertor lock up / release vs TPS, the skip shift and downshift tables , maybe line pressure too
Who knows. In necer seen these tables and probably never will from my research I can't seem to find a way to access the ECU
Next would check out the timing tables etc etc. just make it drive a little happier ;)
Every vehicle is different and reacts differently depending on how the stock tables are set up by default.

I could hit up my buddy at overkill but I think even he can't do much with the earlier platforms

Much different platform and much different world anymore

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My plan is to get ported heads and then upgrade the valve train. Also get a mild custom cam with forged pistons.

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shoot i just want headers in my 02 for ***** and giggles, but plan to buy a roof rack instead lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online