Your thoughts?? 2006 Liberty Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shoot299

Reaction score
Hi all...

Been lurking here for a while and thinking about getting a Liberty to replace my 2002 Mazda Protégé daily driver. I found a 2006 Sport, 51k miles, Inferno Red, for $11,900. I test drove it yesterday and it drives like a new one. Was very impressed with it. Carfax checks out but I'm a little worried because it's had 3 previous owners. I think the deal the salesman drew up is pretty fair ($4500 trade-in for Mazda).

Good deal??

Link to pictures: Vehicle Photo: 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport

:cheers:

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say that sounds about right. I paid $10,900 for my '04 Sport a couple of years ago. It had 57K miles on it I want to say.

You check nada guides, or edmunds.com for market value?

shoot299

Reaction score
Yep. I've been researching and doing my homework on this. From what I've read, market value runs between $10,000 and $13,000.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up that those Goodyear S/Ts are CRAP! Looks clean though! I paid $8,500 for my '04 with 51,200 mils on it 3 years ago. You might be able to chop them down...

Overall looks like a good buy, though!

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazingly clean for six years old, and really low miles too. Must have been driven by an old lady to church on Sundays. Worth the money, altho I'd see if they'd take $10,950.

Last edited:

jmnetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a good one to me. Lower mileage and slightly cheaper than the '05 I just bought (though mine had offroad and towing packages factory installed, which was a big plus for me)

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found the maintenance on car fax

06/15/2012 51,653 Rotolos Chrysler Dodge Jeep
Charleroi, PA
724-489-9571
rotolomotors.com

Antifreeze/coolant flushed/changed
Air filter checked
Oil and filter changed
Outside mirror(s) checked
Automatic transmission fluid and filter changed
Transmission/differential/transfer case serviced
Tune-up performed
PCV valve replaced
Battery replaced
Battery serviced
Safety inspection performed
Emissions inspection performed

That's what i would do to it if i just bought it. Its the 5 year 100000 km service package basically, plus pcv valve.

Lower control arm recall was done too.

price is right, can always bargain about the tires.

VMR Canadian Used Car Prices

in Canadian pesos it comes in around 10400 - 12650. Good find and enjoy your starter kit.

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'd have to look harder at the carfax to figure it out, but that 3 owner listing could easily just be a 1.

I've seen a 1-owner vehicle have more than 2 owners listed on the carfax from financing and used car lot/wholesale shenanigans. it depends on how the state it's titled in lists the title in the system.

example:
buyer finances (finance company is owner 1)
buyer pays off (becomes owner 2)
vehicle traded in (becomes owner 3)
sold at auction (owner 4) to used car lot
lot sells vehicle (owner 5)

like I said depending on how all of the above is reported to not only the respective DMVs but to carfax can determine whether it's between a 1 owner and 5 owner vehicle.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed the AC clutch looks like an aftermarket one like it got replaced. Just looks different than any that I've seen.
Nice color too. I see a renegade that color around here and it looks sharp!!

shoot299

Reaction score
I'm going to take a second look and test-drive tomorrow. If everything feels right, I will bring it home. Wish me luck!

motherto2

Reaction score
I just bought the exact same one for my son! His had 61K miles on it and I paid $11,000. Does this one have a sun roof? I don't know if that is a standard option on the sport or not. My son's has one, and it has an aftermarket ipod holder/charger the last owner installed. I've been driving it this week to make sure it works well before we head to Parris Island in a few weeks, and to see what kind of gas mileage it gets. I've put almost 200 miles (192-194) since I filled the tank. It's at the halfway mark. Good luck! I love driving it - you sit up so much higher than my Altima. And the A/C works great!

shoot299

Reaction score
Just ran the VIN through mopar. The control arm recall HAS NOT been done according to Chrysler. Hmmmm... It is sitting at a Chrysler dealership for sale. Shouldn't the recall be taken care of by them before they sell it?

shoot299

Reaction score
I just bought the exact same one for my son! His had 61K miles on it and I paid $11,000. Does this one have a sun roof? I don't know if that is a standard option on the sport or not. My son's has one, and it has an aftermarket ipod holder/charger the last owner installed. I've been driving it this week to make sure it works well before we head to Parris Island in a few weeks, and to see what kind of gas mileage it gets. I've put almost 200 miles (192-194) since I filled the tank. It's at the halfway mark. Good luck! I love driving it - you sit up so much higher than my Altima. And the A/C works great!

No sunroof, which is fine by me.

I'd be interested in the ipod connector your son has. Snap a pic of the ipod thing if/when you get a chance.

I'm not too concerned with gas mileage because I'm only 1.5 miles from work and am a homebody otherwise. Haha!

motherto2

Reaction score
I jusst took a pic of the ipod hook up but can't get the picture to load. Any suggestions? The name on it is DICE Electronics - you might be able to google it.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I just realized something! That 2006 has LESS miles than my 2010!

Just wanted to throw that out there. Very low mileage deal. My sister's '05 has 93k on it.

shoot299

Reaction score