You meet the strangest characters when on the road...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
So I went on a small road trip today. Just a couple pics of the day.....I'm such a picture *****.:p

You must be registered for see images attach

I've been behind some slow poke drivers, but this guy was ridiculous:p

My ROCK!!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Cool....love the Red. That turtle is faster than most of the drivers down here...:rolleyes:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice turtle........errrr I mean jeep.

The black soft 8's look really good on your red jeep. Is your spare inside?

Dave

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice pics, what tire size are you running...are those 15" or 16" rims?

They are 15" Tony with a 31x10.5" Dayton Timberline MT

Nice turtle........errrr I mean jeep.

The black soft 8's look really good on your red jeep. Is your spare inside?

Dave

No spare yet, I am waiting on a couple of tires from a person locally here. I am going to get a roof basket today actually, so the spare is going up there.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
those tires are sexy. apparently they dont make them anymore :(

No they don't unfortunately, that's why I was scouring the local ads to see if someone had a spare for me.....as it turns out, he's got 2 tires. Now I am going to get 2 more soft 8's and rotate the 2 in at a time.

I seen some Dunlop MT'S today when picking up my basket, I didn't really like them. I was looking at the Dunlops for tires, but after seeing them in person, they are super soft tread....so they would wear pretty fast I think.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
What lift are you running? Love the Red with Black!!

Well it's a Frankenstein (not Frankenlift haha) I pieced together. It has now saggy OME front coils 927's Rusty's rear coils (which in my opinion are terrific)
and OME shocks front and rear with 3 conduit nuts per side above the clevis fork. I really need new front coils as these are sagged and getting worse.

Oh and thanks, I just need some more black to offset the red.:p

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would if it didn't cost $1500 for me to get one here in Canada.;)

Drive across the border and get one and install it and throw some dirt mud and debris on it so it does not look new and just drive back....

Dave

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Drive across the border and get one and install it and throw some dirt mud and debris on it so it does not look new and just drive back....

Dave

Don't worry Dave, I have thought of that already. That's why I didn't get a Franky...cost too much for us Canucks to get one shipped here. It's almost as bad as for us as it is for Tony. :p :p :p :p :p

Shreknow91

Reaction score
Don't worry Dave, I have thought of that already. That's why I didn't get a Franky...cost too much for us Canucks to get one shipped here. It's almost as bad as for us as it is for Tony. :p :p :p :p :p

His is somewhat understandable though... it would have to go all the way to Spain....

revtune

Reaction score
Well it's a Frankenstein (not Frankenlift haha) I pieced together. It has now saggy OME front coils 927's Rusty's rear coils (which in my opinion are terrific)
and OME shocks front and rear with 3 conduit nuts per side above the clevis fork. I really need new front coils as these are sagged and getting worse.

How long have you been running the coils before they started to sag?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
How long have you been running the coils before they started to sag?

The coils I bought were suppose to be new, but they were not new. I don't know how many miles are on them, but they are getting soft. They feel like my old Rusty's coils now. I think I will have to spring for a new set of OME....only $150 for a pair.