Yet another noise i need help with

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swampbandit

Reaction score
The other morning i was running late to get on the deer stand and i was hauling ass down the gravel road to my camp that i havent been down in a while, well i hit a hole that was about a foot deep and 2 foot wide doing about 45mph. Now i have this clunking noise which sounds almost like a door does when it isnt all the way shut. It sounds like it is in the cargo area around the seat but behind the trim. Anybody know what it could be., i have taken the shock off and checked it out and it seems to be fine and doesnt look like it bottomed out..

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check upper control arm bushings and ball joint in the rear. Maybe lower control arms too

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get underneath and start checking bushings and any mounting points of the suspension components. Also could help if someone can shakes the vehicle while you're underneath so you can pin point the source. Do you only hear the noise hitting bumps?

Latest posts

Members online