Yet another lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First some background on my Libby...bought it brand new in 05 and now has 122k miles, completely stock other than JBA UCA for no lift. Jeep is my DD and once I get the lift, tires and skid plates will see some mild off-road action...nothing like what I used to put my Wrangler through. So I was thinking of the OME kit with add-ons or the Frankenlift. Here is what I was planning with OME if I went that route:
927/90009
948/N132L
JBA Strut Spacer Plate Set - or should I get the Boulderbars spacer?
Clevis Spacer - is it general consensus that .375 is the recommended max?
JBA Y Link Extension - is this necessary?
Teraflex bump stops
Coil Spring Isolators (Front, Rear Lower and 6 Rear Uppers..3 each side) - no idea what condition stock ones are in so seems like a good idea to replace them, are Boulderbars poly units? If so, should I get them instead?
Daystar Rear bumpstops

Anything I'm missing? Any recommendations? Am I on the right track here or way off base lol. Probably I'm over thinking things...I just want to do it right the first time and not have to go back and do it again or wish I had done things differently.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it general consensus that .375 is the recommended max?
yes

JBA Y Link Extension - is this necessary?
No. It depends on what height you are going for but a regular 2.5" lift no.

Daystar Rear bumpstops

a couple hockey pucks and a bolt with make a cheaper easier alternative :)

Someone else will have to answer for the rest as I don't have experience with them (yet).

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK thanks! I guess I had it all kinda figured out...just wanted some clarification before I pulled the trigger. Its a big purchase for me so I wanted to be sure.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't see any JBA UCAs in there
going that height you should have them

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have the JBA UCAs, just not the ones for a lift. I got them a year or so ago when my ball joints needed replacing and figured buying them for the replaceable ball joints was a better option. Think they will be ok or will I need to replace them with ones designed for a lift? That's the main reason I wasn't going with the ironman lift kit, I already had the UCAs.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Now you have me confused " you weren't going with the Ironman " because of ??? The Ironman full spring kit doesn't come with UCAs . Are you looking at the Econo kit instead of just the full Ironman kit? Personally I'd go full Ironman springs and shocks. Ride is good, shocks are longer than OME or Bilstien.
Doesn't matter with what you are adding both OME and Ironman will give you almost the same height.
The JBA arms you have are for stock height not lifted, you'll have issues with alignment , maybe able to get it close but the JBA 4,5 are made for a lifted KJ

Last edited:

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bad...I was looking at the econolift and it does come with the UCAs. I didn't even notice I could get the springs and shocks separate.