X-Pel Protective Light Shields

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen X-Pel 3M Protective Light Shields discussed on this board, so I thought I’d post a thread on them.

As you know, most car headlights have a plastic housing with the light bulbs inside. Gone are the days of glass headlights. Plastic headlight assemblies are expensive to replace. Here in Arizona, sand chips and rock dings are common place. A solution and cheap insurance… X-Pel 3M light shields to protect your headlights, turn signals and fog lights.

I have them on one of my other cars that has plastic headlight assemblies and glass fog lights. I swear by them. They are easy to install and are hard to tell they are on your lights.

The kit for the ‘06 KJ covers the headlights, turn signals and fog lights. The part number is: H1805A… cost is $36.50. With tax and three day shipping, mine came to $48.01.

Here is a link if you’re interested: http://xpel.com/products/colored_headlamp.asp

Some pictures…

The '06 KJ kit...

You must be registered for see images

My Crossfire headlight with the 3M film installed...

The edge of the 3M film...

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's a good idea. They also have clear bra kits for the front end, part of the hood, mirrors and quarter panels behind the front and rear tires of your vehicle. Several guys on a Crossfire forum swear by them.

The front grill on my TJ is nothing but stone chips. You can buy the different pieces of the kit seperately. I may look into the film for the front grill on the KJ.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they also sell these tinted in various colors.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used the X-Pel and they are thing compared to RockBlockers kit. It may cost more but I think it is worth it considering it is the thickness of this stuff that absorbs the impact and prevents a crack. You can hold a piece of cardboard to your head while someone smacks you with a brick, and I promise it will still hurt. Thickness does matter.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look interesting..........thanks for the info.

Dave

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the_titan said:
I have used the X-Pel and they are thing compared to RockBlockers kit. It may cost more but I think it is worth it considering it is the thickness of this stuff that absorbs the impact and prevents a crack. You can hold a piece of cardboard to your head while someone smacks you with a brick, and I promise it will still hurt. Thickness does matter.
Thanks for the heads up on the Rock Blockers, I've never heard of them.
I'll have to check them out.

With all due respect, I beg to differ with you. You're 'thickness matters' therory does not really hold water. It's the strength of the product that matters and that doesn't always equate to thickness.

Here is a brief description of the 3M stuff...

http://xpel.com/products/headlight.asp

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AZKJ said:
Yeah, I think it's a good idea. They also have clear bra kits for the front end, part of the hood, mirrors and quarter panels behind the front and rear tires of your vehicle. Several guys on a Crossfire forum swear by them.

The front grill on my TJ is nothing but stone chips. You can buy the different pieces of the kit seperately. I may look into the film for the front grill on the KJ.

Do those come in women's sizes also? Hmmmm...clear bras.....Me Likey! idea.gif (naughty) (woot)

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obviously you've never been to a Philadelphia **********. My best friend's dad owns one there, a very popular one I won't name. All the girls have these clear stickers over this nipples. Smashes them down so they look....different, but you still see everything. Pointless law.

Latest posts

Members online