WTF spam is WTF...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man, the spam accounts are getting pretty bad lately.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I like spam, grilled, fried, most anyway even out of the can !

Oh spam like stupid people with nothing else to do. :happy175:
Yes they must have opened the doors somewhat to let the nastys in
owners have been notified ......

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha ha..
60368[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• SJfsxZ2.jpg
    SJfsxZ2.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 0

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every spam post I have found has been in the rock auto subforum

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Every spam post I have found has been in the rock auto subforum

Interesting, think I've only looked in that section once or twice in all the years on here. Wonder why there?
On LOST I find them scattered everywhere

mrlavalamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best use for SPAM is making Musubi!

Spam I can tune out pretty easy, what really grinds my gears are the hijack ads I get when I use my phone to browse this forum. I cant get more than a page or two into the forum before I am rerouted and some the repeat popup alert things show up saying something like "Warning your system is not secure!!!! Download our app to fix it NOW!"

I am not a fan of tapatalk at all either, but at least there aren't constant hijack ads.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
As I often do after checking all my updated threads, I then move on to "New Posts". Mostly spam tonight.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is quite impressive.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I think there were 4 new offending Spam posts in Rock Auto section.
I see Prof was in there with a reply, and I threw in some fun pics too lol..

To make life easier for the mods, so they don't have to check 3 posted boxes to trash or delete is to:

Reply to the offending spam, by stating post has been reported & Will be gone soon....

Then report the post as SPAM by clicking on the red "report post"
60381[/ATTACH]"]

Did anyone beside me report posts today, causing multiple report posts? :icon_wink:

Attachments

• awDi8sn.jpg
    awDi8sn.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 0

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there were 4 new offending Spam posts in Rock Auto section.
I see Prof was in there with a reply, and I threw in some fun pics too lol..

To make life easier for the mods, so they don't have to check 3 posted boxes to trash or delete is to:

Reply to the offending spam, by stating post has been reported & Will be gone soon....

Then report the post as SPAM by clicking on the red "report post"
60383[/ATTACH]"]

Did anyone beside me report posts today, causing multiple report posts? :icon_wink:

I am a moderator on a vbulletin forum like this one and it is easier for a moderator if you don't reply to the post and just report it.

A lot of spammers post once and leave but some will leave multiple posts and those can be removed by clicking the users name/using find all posts by user but this will leave the replies orphaned if people respond to the spam.

The forum I moderate on has a hidden reported posts subforum and multiple reports for the same post will just show other users reporting the post in the same thread but it appears this one sends an email to staff members about reported posts

Attachments

• awDi8sn.jpg
    awDi8sn.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 0

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best use for SPAM is making Musubi!

Spam I can tune out pretty easy, what really grinds my gears are the hijack ads I get when I use my phone to browse this forum. I cant get more than a page or two into the forum before I am rerouted and some the repeat popup alert things show up saying something like "Warning your system is not secure!!!! Download our app to fix it NOW!"

I am not a fan of tapatalk at all either, but at least there aren't constant hijack ads.

Install a different browser and see if the same problems exist. All I have seen is the ads on the right side of the page

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is open year round 24 hours a day on the site I am a moderator on, got 8 of them already this morning within 1 minute of it being posted. Mainly health supplement and live streaming spam

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is the only site I am on, out of 18-20 , that has a regular ongoing post about spam! :happy175:
Just got rid of one on LOST, slow day over there and no one had even marked it yet. I usually have 5-6 per week. Must have chased them over here

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Threads about spam only come up when spam is visible to many users. I don't remember any threads talking about spam on the forum I moderate on but we have 15+ active staff members located around the world. In the past day there were 10 reported spam posts but we have banned over 20 in the past 10 hours.
Right now on marineengine.com forums there are at least 20 spam posts in public view, some since last night. I have no idea if they are having issues with email notification of reported posts or not. Vbulletin forums have a habit of breaking the notifications until a user disables and reenables them at times