wrapping/dipping interior,exterior.Can't be done..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I talked with the owner of a place here in town,that does customizing of Jeeps.
I told him that I wanted some of the interior and exterior of my 2007 to be wrapped.He said that it's not possible due to the texture of the plastic.
Is he right?

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked with the owner of a place here in town,that does customizing of Jeeps.
I told him that I wanted some of the interior and exterior of my 2007 to be wrapped.He said that it's not possible due to the texture of the plastic.
Is he right?

Kind of. If you're talking about the "golf ball" style dimples then the vinyl will not curve into the small dimples. Though you can just pull the piece and spray it with plastidip which will have a vinyl texture to it when it dries and you can peel it off when you're tired of it. Plastidip is very easy to use and I would not waste your money paying someone to do it. It's literally in a spray paint can, and as long as you're spraying it on a non-porous surface you can literally just peel it off once it's dry.

If you have the unpainted flairs I don't think vinyl will stick to them and again I would suggest using plastidip. Everything else can be wrapped but I think it would be cheaper to have the Jeep done in plastidip by a shop that does plastidip vehicles over a vinyl wrap.

These are all plastidipped.

You must be registered for see images attach