Wrangler Production to be Moved Out of Toledo Ohio!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word from media is that the new 2017 jeep wrangler will not be made in the great city of Toledo anymore. The CEO claims that he needs to move production because he does not want to spend the money to convert the Toledo plant for the new wrangler! Please read this article Jeep hints at Wrangler exit - Toledo Blade
If you want to voice your opinion like me please call jeep at 877-426-5337. Tell them that you want to put in a complaint about this. When I heard I was so mad that I wanted to find the CEO and give him a piece of my mind. The jeep was originally made in Toledo and it should always be made in Toledo no matter what. Please pass on the message because hundreds if not thousands of jobs in Toledo are at stake.

Sdavis82

Reaction score

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Yawn. This is not news. Just typical Marchionne BS.

Marchionne is just threatening to move production in an effort to send local officials into a scramble to try to "help" Chrysler keep production there. He has no real intention to move it, and he knows it. He tried this with Windsor, they called his bluff, guess what, the RU minivan will still be built in Windsor. But this is the USA, they're panicking and Marchionne will get the tax breaks he wants.

SHAP was slated to close... he got his way then too.

Regarding them getting the Wagoneer, the Wagoneer is unibody, which would require switching the plant EITHER WAY. And there's no way that employment levels would stay the same with a vehicle as low production as the Wagoneer... the line would run so slow, they would only have one shift, etc.

That Wagoneer will NOT just be a 3 row Grand Cherokee. It's going to be an all-out luxury vehicle with a price tag to match.

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that they were moving production because it would be cheaper to build a new production facility to start fabricating aluminum frames in order to meat the new federal MPG guidelines than retooling the current production facility.

I did also read that the local government is in talks with them to have them build their new production facility right by the current facility.

Fingers crossed for Toledo.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The workers in toledo are among some of the most productive workers in the world. If any work force has earned the rite to produce the wrangler it is the toledo workers.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't really care where they build them........as long as they aren't arriving on a container ship